Re: Queen Venus turns 40!!

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Tue 23, 2020 7:27 am

LOL!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Thu 25, 2020 7:17 pm

I'm glad I read the link before it opened it!!

DJ doesn't do snakes or spiders ~ Don't make me hurt you, Rex!!

LOL (kinda)!!

I saw the tv commercial and refused to watch it!!

Hurricane Floyd Flood:

Floyd flooded my house ~ Four feet of water in my basement, so of course I called Dad and hid upstairs on third floor while he and my hubby cleaned it up, lol. So I was looking out the window (my street turned into a flooded roaring stream) and a stick drifting down caught my eye. I turned around to do something, and when I looked again, it was in an "S" shape!! A Snake!!! I caught the wooly itchies and was scared to go outside for a week!!

No Joke!!

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Thu 25, 2020 7:25 pm

djmm1962 wrote:
Jun Thu 25, 2020 7:17 pm
I'm glad I read the link before it opened it!!

Hurricane Floyd Flood:

Floyd flooded my house ~ Four feet of water in my basement, so of course I called Dad and hid upstairs on third floor while he and my hubby cleaned it up, lol. So I was looking out the window (my street turned into a flooded roaring stream) and a stick drifting down caught my eye. I turned around to do something, and when I looked again, it was in an "S" shape!! A Snake!!! I caught the wooly itchies and was scared to go outside for a week!!

No Joke!!
1999.....where were you located?

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Thu 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Same neighborhood, north central NJ, but I was in the house!!

That damn flood came as soon as I left Merck. $11,000 in damage: Wiped out my entire basement appliances, roof off two car garage, and tree branch crashed through my antique dining room :shock:

My dumbass ex opened the basement door to see how deep the water was in the backyard, and the water rushed in and wouldn't stop ... :roll: I called Daddy and the dog and I ran upstairs :lol: and hid in the upstairs bathroom!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Thu 25, 2020 8:08 pm

We got caught in Hurricane Iris on a cruise to Bermuda ~ Left a day early to out run it, but we didn't!!

Let me know if you want to hear that story, wheew!!

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Fri 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Knew a co-worker who went to Bermuda on a cruise. Storm brew, terrorized. Survived the ordeal and kissed the ground upon arrival. Vacationed but returned on a plane.... Never again.....

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jun Fri 26, 2020 5:25 pm

I went back several times ~ Daredevil (brother was an Evil Knievel fan, lmao).

Limped sideways into cabin and everything was tossed to one side :shock: I wasn't gonna stay in there, so we slithered back up to the 14th deck bar ... Puke bags everywhere; met up with our new Boston friends and shytt started rocking violently side-to-side. Calm at first then ... All the tables on opposite side came tumbling towards us, we screamed, put our legs up to block them (DJ was wearing a Fabulous red gown, the one ya'll see in pics), and the Captain said: It's gonna do that seven times so brace and hold on :O And it did, almost flipping ship over, but violent, both ways!! Our friends were screaming we're gonna die, we're gonna die, and my husband said STFU and hold on!!!

WHEEEW!!!

We stayed there for the rest of the night drinking like mad (free drinks from Captain) ~ Next morning, we crawled back to stateroom, avoiding the catastrophe along the way, and everything was destroyed!!! All the liquor bottles; puke everywhere, OMG, and our cabin was totally destroyed!! I showered and changed clothes to short short jean cutoffs, and headed back up for breakfast, lol, and they had it ready!!

Ate, then sat on deck watching the waves ~ (reason for that dash, lol). I sat front side (bow I think) and by now the waves shifted from side-to-side, to bow & stern. It went all sky to all Atlantic Ocean ... I watched it for awhile then the Captain came up to me and said: "If you keep watching that it'll hypnotize you, DJ :) You belong here" :P

We had free drinks for the rest of cruise (two days at sea) and I loved it ~ Didn't get sick at all :lol: I was in my glory, probably why I love Aquaman. Don't forget, my eldest brother swam like a dolphin with me on his back 8) I can't wait to go back!!

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sat 27, 2020 8:40 am

Dj',

Question remains: after your ordeal at sea, returning to Bermuda in the future will you go by boat or by plane?