Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Serena vs Bouzkova

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 10, 2019 9:31 pm

watch on youtube

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-GiSnX1uWE
Unlike Sharapova who guesses, Bouzkova had no problem reading Serena's serve. Some of her returns were just amazing. Serena realized she could no longer afford to get broken. If she came to the match thinking it would be a walk in the park, she was quite surprised. Bouzkova is a brick wall. Nothing goes pass her. She is fast and never gives up on any shot no matter what... I see why darling Halep had hard time against her. They play the same style of tennis but Bouzkova is stronger.

Had Serena woken up at Wimbledon like she did here, switching gear and playing total power tennis, the result in London might have been different. Girl, please, don't try to be a pusher. It's not your game.

Good luck against Andreescu. Hope you will come swinging, the way you played the entire match against Osaka. Enough of these slow, sluggish starts.
Love my Compton Queen.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Serena vs Bouzkova

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 10, 2019 9:57 pm

I heard many times Serena can no longer beat players that bring all the ball backs. But that happens when Serena plays their game, pushing, and pushing.. trying to out-push them ... :) :) that never going to work.

It's different game when she hits harder in the rallies. Of a sudden the girls cannot easily redirect her shots. We saw that today.
She pushed all first set long, the way she did in both sets in London.
But when she started hitting harder, Bouzkova was no longer having an easy match.
I don't know what Serena tries to prove by pushing balls side to side as if she is Svitolina or Wozniacki, instead of going for her big shots.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sat 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Serena struggles against players she has never played before, whereas, they have fewer problems as they've been watching her for some time and studying her game.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sun 11, 2019 6:12 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Aug Sat 10, 2019 10:44 pm
Serena struggles against players she has never played before, whereas, they have fewer problems as they've been watching her for some time and studying her game.
She has played Halep before.
Serena struggles when she is pushing, not when she is playing power tennis.