Saisai Zheng - [Q]
BYE - [2]Naomi Osaka

rex
Commish
Commish

Re: WTA Toronto Draw and Results

Post by rex » Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:13 am

Ace,

Destanee lost to Puig in qualies by 6-1 scores in 2. Safe to say, it's not going to happen for her...... The promise we saw is for naught even tho' she's just 19.

However, hope I'm wrong down the road and she regains the game and fire we saw just a couple of years ago with the hope that Sascha will give her a look-see and not waste his time with Kristina, for Destanee reminds me a lot of Naomi and you know what he did with her ere she unexpectedly let him go....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:33 am

When I saw the draw, I knew there was no way she beats Puig unless Puig totally self-destructs.
Aiava was playing even better tennis at ITF. Nowadays, she can barely moves. She's put on some serious wait and has hard time getting to balls. She has zero defense and that's not how you survive in the ITF jungle, let alone winning matches @ WTA.
As I said in another thread, there are players who are in top-100 because of their defense alone. some are even top-10 playing 95% defense.

Aiava couldn't wait to turn 18, get her own apartment, her own priorities which were not tennis, her own car, etc ... it's like a poor girl who saw a little bit of money and thought she made it. She's got a lot of rethinking/retooling to do.
Her current game is really bad. She can barely beat any ITF player.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:35 am

[15]Caroline Wozniacki - Yulia Putintseva
[Q] - [Q]
Saisai Zheng - [Q]
BYE - [2]Naomi Osaka

I just can't believe Osaka can't get away from Putintseva. lol lol lol .. There are WTA players she has not faced in at least 2 years. It's strange she keeps drawing Putin's girl everywhere she turns. :) :)

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:58 am

It's been awhile since Vee pummeled Maria.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Aug Sat 03, 2019 5:36 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:33 am

Aiava couldn't wait to turn 18, get her own apartment, her own priorities which were not tennis, her own car, etc ... it's like a poor girl who saw a little bit of money and thought she made it. She's got a lot of rethinking/retooling to do.
I remember when Destanee said that she's only in tennis for the money and had little enthusiasm for the game. Last time I saw her she did not show the fire and competitiveness that we saw at the AO a couple of years ago and on the ITF circuit. Her serve is modest, her ground game lacks power and she doesn't approach the net as often on deep balls to volley for game point. She looked lifeless and disinterested and that coach of hers was drab during occ, not offering much. This is why I remain hopeful that Bajin gives her a go once he realizes that Kristina M. is going nowhere, wasting his time and that he could rekindle the potential/talent we once saw of Destanee and turn her young career around. Remaining hopeful.....

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:50 pm

Grossefavourite wrote:
Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:58 am
It's been awhile since Vee pummeled Maria.
Hahaha you are crazy to even think about it ... Stick to.overhyped Gauf hehehe

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Aug Mon 05, 2019 9:00 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:35 am
[15]Caroline Wozniacki - Yulia Putintseva
[Q] - [Q]
Saisai Zheng - [Q]
BYE - [2]Naomi Osaka

I just can't believe Osaka can't get away from Putintseva. lol lol lol .. There are WTA players she has not faced in at least 2 years. It's strange she keeps drawing Putin's girl everywhere she turns. :) :)
Putintseva will lose in the first round. :lol:
And mark this, if they meet this time, Osaka will win that match and that random generator with be garbage. :lol:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Mon 05, 2019 10:10 am

LOL @ "random generator" ...
it runs a 2 am when everyone is asleep. lol lol

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Aug Mon 05, 2019 11:32 am

rex wrote:
Aug Sat 03, 2019 5:36 pm
Ace2Ace wrote:
Aug Sat 03, 2019 11:33 am

I remember when Destanee said that she's only in tennis for the money and had little enthusiasm for the game. Last time I saw her she did not show the fire and competitiveness that we saw at the AO a couple of years ago and on the ITF circuit. Her serve is modest, her ground game lacks power and she doesn't approach the net as often on deep balls to volley for game point. She looked lifeless and disinterested and that coach of hers was drab during occ, not offering much. This is why I remain hopeful that Bajin gives her a go once he realizes that Kristina M. is going nowhere, wasting his time and that he could rekindle the potential/talent we once saw of Destanee and turn her young career around. Remaining hopeful.....

Kiki got a real butt kicking, 1 & 2 against Brady. I'm afraid Sascha is wasting his talents with her!!