(5)Martic v Hercog
Riske v Muchova
Q v Van Uytvanck
Alexandrova v (3)Mertens

(7)Kuzmova v Gasparyan
Barthel v Q
Kudermetova v Jabeur
(wc)Aiava v (2)Sabalenka

Why they gave Destanee a WC is unknown, but she gets Sabalenka in the lst. Hope it's on at a reasonable hour, for I'd like to witness, as well as Petra M vs Pelona Hercog and Kuzmova v Gasparyan.

Bottom half of the draw is where the talent lies with names like Petra M., Kuzmova, Mertens, Kudermetova, Gasparyan and Sabalenka in the mix, while Bertens, Anisimova and Yafan Wang amongst others are in the top-half. More than decent competition for this 250k....

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re: s-Hertogenbosch Ladies Maindraw....

Post by Graveller » Jun Sat 08, 2019 11:17 am

I got my eyes on the qualies with Rybakina playing later today.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Sun 09, 2019 10:07 am

Rybakina wins her two qualies (beating McHale today in two) and is in the main draw :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 09, 2019 10:15 am

Lottner didn't make it, losing in 3 to Bonaventure, which has partially killed my interest in this event..... :(

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Sun 09, 2019 10:20 am

Will be keeping a close eye on Anisimova now that she's on the radar. Let's see where she goes from here. Expectations have certainly spiked.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 09, 2019 10:58 am

Why they gave Destanee a WC is unknown, but she gets Sabalenka in the lst
There is no one in that draw that the current Aiava can beat. She's 3000 pounds overweight :), lacks focus, moves like a turtle... She needs some huge change in her lifestyle if she wants to get back playing tennis.
She is making the right steps playing ITF outside Australia and asking for WC in tournament like this one. But physically and tactically, she is nowhere near a top-240 player...

New news: :)
32-year old, out of shape Aravane Rezai is trying to come back.
In this newest picture,iIt looks like the last Bartoli failed comeback

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Sun 09, 2019 11:25 am

Grossefavourite wrote:
Jun Sun 09, 2019 10:20 am
Will be keeping a close eye on Anisimova now that she's on the radar. Let's see where she goes from here. Expectations have certainly spiked.
She's been on my radar for 2-3 years....

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jun Sun 09, 2019 10:58 am
Why they gave Destanee a WC is unknown, but she gets Sabalenka in the lst
There is no one in that draw that the current Aiava can beat. She's 3000 pounds overweight :), lacks focus, moves like a turtle... She needs some huge change in her lifestyle if she wants to get back playing tennis.
She is making the right steps playing ITF outside Australia and asking for WC in tournament like this one. But physically and tactically, she is nowhere near a top-240 player...

New news: :)
32-year old, out of shape Aravane Rezai is trying to come back.
In this newest picture,iIt looks like the last Bartoli failed comeback
Re Destanee, the WC is a head-scratcher, for she's currently ranked 221st, didn't fare well at all during the US ITF run and watching her matches she didn't play well, coupled with that drab coach of hers who I think is a disaster. She's done nothing this year, so why the WC in the Netherlands? Body-wise, I think her weight is just fine, but her game has become mostly baseline, lacking the forward approach on deep balls that she displayed at ages 17/18. Her serve is just mediocre and her ground game lacks a focus and push. If she's unmotivated/conflicted as yet about her interest in tennis, then it shows by her results, coupled with that coach of hers who I believe doesn't help. Just 19 and as yet has time, but she needs someone like a Sascha Bajin, who I also want to see coach some of my other faves (Lottner and Konjuh are the other 2), who I think can get them motivated and disciplined to do great things and not waste his time with Kristina, who's going no where.

Yet, hoping that Destanee's match with Sabalenka is on at a reasonable time, for Kuzmova's match with Gasparyan is a 4 am start, a match I wanted to see and won't at that hour.

Re Rezai, talk about a brainless baseline basher...... :lol: Yet, just wishing her the best on her comeback....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Just 19 and as yet has time, but she needs someone like a Sascha Bajin, who I also want to see coach some of my other faves (Lottner and Konjuh are the other 2), who I think can get them motivated and disciplined to do great things and not waste his time with Kristina, who's going no where.
Mladenovic won the French Open Doubles.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jun Sun 09, 2019 12:44 pm
Just 19 and as yet has time, but she needs someone like a Sascha Bajin, who I also want to see coach some of my other faves (Lottner and Konjuh are the other 2), who I think can get them motivated and disciplined to do great things and not waste his time with Kristina, who's going no where.
Mladenovic won the French Open Doubles.
Kristina's success on this Tour has been solely in doubles with 20 titles, currently ranked 4th. Sascha has nothing to do with her doubles success throughout her career. In addition, she has only 1 Tour singles title (St. Petersburg in 2017).