All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Sun 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jan Fri 11, 2019 7:30 am
Once you know where the links for "Pgame" and "Skan" are - i.e., in the drop-down menu under "Tennis", it is easy.

But for someone coming to the site for the first time, it is very hard to find. To me, it looks as if the Games are hidden too much.
Dunno if others think the same...
That was deliberate. I learned it from my experience @ TF. Notice that any title I post there about the Skan doesn't have the word "Contest" or "Game" in it. Many folks see 'Contest' or 'game' and go right by it... not interested in entering contests.
Those same folks would click on the link and go 'wow, that looks interesting, let's give a shot'. That's how we got them playing. They would have simply ignored it.

So, yeah, it's an attempt to get people to find the game, wonder what it is, and click on it. Hopefully the'll give it a shot. Talking about it, I should replace PredictionGame with Prediction.
Those who come here to play the game will find it. Those who are just checking us out will try to see what's under Tennis. They are tennis fans after all.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Sun 13, 2019 4:17 pm

rex wrote:
Jan Fri 11, 2019 12:11 am
Bug 10:

Needing your attention:

1). After you deleted the AO for the ladies event for some reason, Ace, where ere the event was not available to Gamers, even tho' the Current Event and the Available to Users boxes were checked on the Commissioner's Table, I created such and it appears to be ok. However, the AO is not reflected in the WTA Prediction box (in Red) with the current events (Hobart and Sydney), located beneath the header on the Scoring Grid for Gamers page (in the box at the top beneath the header).

2). Further, the ATP Prediction Box located on the cumulative Scoring Grid for Gamers page (in Red at the top beneath the header) still has the events from the lst week of the season, does not reflect the current men's events (the Auckland and Sydney) and does not reflect the AO Men's event, created by Grav'.

3). There is an error message ([phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/pdgame/yec_display_detail.php on line 409: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()), when I clicked on the R32 box on the Scoring Grid page for Gamers, respecting the AO Ladies and Gents events.
1/ and 2/
That makes no sense. It's the same code. Pretty simply. I looked it again and again, and don't see why it's not working. When I have enough strength to sit up straight, I'll take another look.
3/ should be an easy fix. Most likely pointing at the wrong array.
But what's easy fix here?? I don't know anymore.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Sun 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Bug #11:

Skan Contest:

Minor bug, but on the Skan ranking page, the Total column does not display the highest score in descending order, per Gamer. Needs an adjustment....

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Mon 14, 2019 7:36 am

I just tried to save my predictions for the WTA AO PGame, but it does not work; after clicking on the "save"-button, all scores disappear...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Mon 14, 2019 9:30 am

Grav',

I did the same and had the same issue. The issue may pertain to the error message, referenced in the Bug #10 post, item 3, noted above, for the Rd of 32. However, I did a test score input for the Rd of 16, qtrs, semis and finals and it was ok. So, the issue of scores not taking is for the Rd of 32 only for both Tours.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Mon 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Feel a lot better today. No more pain. Thanks GOD. Have to get stronger but that will gradually come.
The R32 and Slam ranking issues are a surprised. I ran into those earlier and fixed them. So I was king of wondering.
I tried to create a new test slam and what popped up to collect the new tournament info is not the newest page. That's an earlier page from when I was fixing those issue. It looks like there was a rollback by the host following some type of crash. That would suck big time. I can't redo all those tests that easily. Have any of you ran into a "page not found" message in the last few days? This doesn't look good. Will have to check Area51 for the newest files.

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jan Mon 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Ace glad to hear you are doing much better -
all the best for a speedy full recovery.

You have put in so much work on getting the new forum in order
&
still persevering -
thanks

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Mon 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks YOU !!!!

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Mon 14, 2019 4:07 pm

rex wrote:
Jan Mon 14, 2019 9:30 am
Grav',

I did the same and had the same issue. The issue may pertain to the error message, referenced in the Bug #10 post, item 3, noted above, for the Rd of 32. However, I did a test score input for the Rd of 16, qtrs, semis and finals and it was ok. So, the issue of scores not taking is for the Rd of 32 only for both Tours.
Those 2 are not connected. But yes, we have lost some of the latest fixes. I just found the R32 score pickup section missing. Copied it from a previous file and now I am testing it. Try the Piano slam. I just entered a few random scores.
Something happened. It's a setback.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 15, 2019 7:25 pm

R32 issues is now resolved.
3). There is an error message ([phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/pdgame/yec_display_detail.php on line 409: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()), when I clicked on the R32 box on the Scoring Grid page for Gamers, respecting the AO Ladies and Gents events.
Rex, I was not able to reproduce that errors. Never ran into it. That doesn't mean there is no problem. Maybe it's happen as the result of a combination of some keystrokes. I looked but sometimes things are not obvious.