Tournaments this week

One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 03, 2019 2:24 pm

1/ Some errors are linked. So fixing one could resolve the other.
Others are not.

2/ I don't know how that notification works. It looks like every time a message is replied to, a notification is sent. I got a bunch of them. Not necessarily private messages. Not too familiar with this new engine yet. Will to see how to separate PMs and simple forum replies.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 03, 2019 2:29 pm

1/ The year-to-date listing is a problem of the sort function not working in the new system header.
Without that header, it works; see my test area here: http://tennisgamers.com/board/pdgame/ye ... r=WTA#Ttop
So I will have to find a hack to get it to work... or remove the forum header and Menu. There are scripts in there that are hard to work with.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Thu 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Well.....we're a work-in-progress. Nevertheless, appreciating your efforts, Ace.

On another note, can you add the "live score" link to the header, as we had at the old site? I think this is a better one:

https://www.livescore.in/tennis/

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 04, 2019 9:20 am

I got one too....

When you get on the site and click on "Prediction Game", then you go to a page where you only see (at the bottom) the list of the events of this week.
But Hobart, for instance, has been started by Rex (and I already made predictions), but it is not in this list.

When you go to a page with the ranking of a game, then it does appear on the site (with a star).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Sat 05, 2019 9:34 pm

ok.. recorded.. :)

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Sun 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Ace,

lst off.....this is not a bug report, but a complimentary post with a request for modification of the "year-to-date-ranking page".

1). Thank you for adding the "Live Score" link in the header, modifying the "Summary Scoring Grid" on the YTD-ranking page for all events for both Tours where the Gamers are now listed in descending order based on the highest score(s), as earlier requested, and expanding the grid. Nicely done....

2). On the YTD-ranking page, there needs to be a change to the box at the top of the page, posted in red letters for both Tours, reflecting the tourneys, not only in play, but also the tourneys that were started for the subsequent week like it was in the previous edition. I always used the links to those events for quick reference and to update the draws for such and not those events listed in the YTD-ranking box to the left, tho' they can still be used. Since we've been to this new site, the tourneys reflected in the top box haven't changed once the events were completed and closed out, replaced with the new events started for the following week.

For example, all of the events, reflected in the box at the "top of the YTD-ranking page" for both Tours, have been completed, closed out and permanently reflected in the YTD-ranking box on the left, where it should be. Yet, the box at the top does not reflect the new events (current events) for the ladies (Hobart and Sydney) and for the gents (Auckland and Sydney) for next week, beginning 1/7/19. As it was in the previous edition of the games, the events in the top box should reflect the current events 'til completed, as well as the ensuing events for the following week, started by either you, Grav' or myself, once the draws become known. Thank you in advance for making this change, if you can.

3). On the commissioner's table for both Tours, once the table is updated a time stamp should be reflected for the update with the current time reflected and reconciled with the time reflected on the "live score" link and the gamer submission page. I think we had the time stamp in the previous edition of the game on the commissioner's table.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Mon 07, 2019 11:11 am

1/ Same bug reported by Graveller above. Will take a look at that current event list.
2/ I set the forum timestamp to UTC (GMT) and doing the same in all codes. Probably should switch to Eastern... and verify the Update links on the Admin Board.
Thanks.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Mon 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Bug #9:

Commissioner's table:

After I updated the Hobart event for wins by Blinkova and Cornet today and leave. Returning to the table shows the wins by the aforementioned were undone, reverting back to their original position in the draw. This has happened 3 times this evening.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 10, 2019 5:03 am

Time stamp-bug:
I saved my SF predictions for Hobart this morning, and I see that my QF predictions and my R16 predictions now got the same timestamp (despite the "closed" indication in the set-up for these rounds)...

Edit: I see that the timestamps of the QF and R16 are the same for everyone in Hobart and Sydney.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 10, 2019 8:11 am

hmmmm ... bugs... bugs.. bugs.. We need a whole army !!!!
Took a lot to get the Skan going ... so now back to the PDGame.