One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish
Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by rex » Jan Tue 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Bug #7:

Wannadoo is back! However, he apparently has been here ere, inputting his picks and didn't return 'til today to discover that his selections for the women's and men's events didn't take. Doesn't remember his ladies selections, but for the men's events, Doha in particular, he had chosen Novak to win (uWP), Thiem for fmKO and Nishikori for fmKO in Brisbane, but it didn't register. So, Ace, he needs to have that corrected for him.

Re Brisbane, Wannadoo, (man...he's good) got bonus points for his correct prediction for Dimitrov over Millman. "However".....in the Rd of 16 prediction grid his point totals "zero", instead of 2 and in the point total grid he posts "-1" in the QF and Total boxes. Needs correction.....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 01, 2019 11:28 pm

alright.. those nasty bugs.. let's see.. where to start from...
Well, it would help a bit if the tennis fans would say a bit more about the problems.
Are you able to get to the page? Is the error happening when you are submitting scores, or simply entering them? Does the window crash, freeze, ... etc?
The old site was running a different version of php. So not only we have a new server, a new forum software, we also have a new php version.. And the new forum software is blocking things for security reason; many functions that used to work in the old forum are out. So ... patience.. it's gonna be fun a ride.

And please, don't try to run the Skan Contest, folks. :( The code has not been rewritten. It's still the same file from the old forum. Won't work here. We didn't just move to a new server with the same forum. That's what we've done in the past.
You'll get blank screens, an errors.... I see the logs full of errors from Skan contest pages. Until you see a link here that says 'Skan Contest', stop trying. There is no chance.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 01, 2019 11:30 pm

rex wrote:
Dec Mon 31, 2018 10:57 pm
Ace,

The Russians streams are completely dead. I think I know why.... Many people are likely using the streams to watch the NFL and NBA via such, killing revenue for the NFL Sunday ticket and NBA League Pass. Both sports are likely aware of such and they killed the Russian streams. However, some members of the women's tennis forum found other streaming sites with some being successful, for I tried one successfully. However, for me, I elected to subscribe to TC+, paid the $99 fee and at this point I'm satisfied with the coverage in addition to the fact that they are covering the entire women's Tour this year, save for 2 events, San Jose and New Haven, which will be covered by ESPN. Video quality is okay, tho' I think the quality is 720p level, as opposed to 1080p, imo, but the stream is stable and not subject to lag and fluxes at this point. On the women's forum thread on this, those who have subscribed to such are expressing satisfaction of the coverage thus far, plus they are able to see matches played that they missed, which are archived practically immediately after match completion, which is a godsend, like ESPN. So, you have options to choose how you wish to view the Tour this year, either ponying up the fee for TC+ or opting to use the streaming sites provided via the women's forum, as some have discovered.

Streaming link:

https://live-stream365.com/sport/tennis.php
Thanks for the fine post. I forgot I had the Desktop version of the Russian Channel. That version works although it's listing fewer matches. Just watching Vekic vs Bertens. I might reactivate my ESPN subscription.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 01, 2019 11:41 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jan Tue 01, 2019 5:17 am
I failed to make D2F predictions, but that is something down the to-do-list; PGame (and Skan?) are more important.

Under normal conditions, the Skan would be open for submitting teams next week. How are prospects on that one?
It was not saving the scores. I fixed it last night. Should be ok for now... until a new bug shows up uninvited.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 01, 2019 11:46 pm

rex wrote:
Jan Tue 01, 2019 11:40 am
Ace,

Bug 4:

On the "Year-to-date Ranking" page for both Tours and all events, point ranking for the gamer leaders should be listed in descending order in the grid. At the moment point totals for gamers are jumbled (for the ladies, the men haven't played the Rd of 16 as yet).
Thanks....
Weird .. this forum software is very unpredictable.. That list is well sorted at my testing page:
http://tennisgamers.com/board/pdgame/ye ... r=WTA#Ttop
It's a pain to get things working once I add the forum header. The font is all over the places no matter how I try to control it. Gonna be a ride. I miss the old forum already, coding-wise.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 02, 2019 4:14 am

You are doing a great job, Ace!
Everytime I come to the site, it gets better and better :-)

At some point, I will ask you to create a Hall of Fame where we can enter all the previous PGame-winners for each event, but that is - at this point in time - nothing more than a nice-to-have.
And if you come to that: don't bother to copy all the data from the old H.O.F.'s ; I can recreate them them (the naming of some was not perfect, anyway).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 02, 2019 12:36 pm

rex wrote:
Jan Tue 01, 2019 11:40 am
Ace,
Re Brisbane:
In the Rd of 16 prediction page, Twit earned 2 points for his predictions, but his total is listed as "zero". Further, on the "Year-to-date-ranking" page on the grid for Brisbane, Twit doesn't have a score for the Rd of 16, has a -1 figure for the qtrs and the Total box and a positive # for "ump_Total" box (same issue as Cry' and Perdida, noted above). Thanks....
This issue has cleared up. Twit's stats look ok, if I am not misreading it.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jan Wed 02, 2019 4:14 am
You are doing a great job, Ace!
Everytime I come to the site, it gets better and better :-)

At some point, I will ask you to create a Hall of Fame where we can enter all the previous PGame-winners for each event, but that is - at this point in time - nothing more than a nice-to-have.
And if you come to that: don't bother to copy all the data from the old H.O.F.'s ; I can recreate them them (the naming of some was not perfect, anyway).
Yeah.. We'll get there. For now, let's keep chasing the bugs.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 02, 2019 12:43 pm

rex wrote:
Jan Tue 01, 2019 9:10 pm
Bug #7:
Re Brisbane, Wannadoo, (man...he's good) got bonus points for his correct prediction for Dimitrov over Millman. "However".....in the Rd of 16 prediction grid his point totals "zero", instead of 2 and in the point total grid he posts "-1" in the QF and Total boxes. Needs correction.....
This issue has also cleared up.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Wed 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Bug #8:

This pertains to you, Ace. In the Auckland QF you've posted your predictions. At the bottom of your prediction there is already a -1 notation for the "total" with the QFs not having commenced. The -1 total is also posted to the scoring grid in the boxes "QF" and "Total".