Tournaments this week

One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

All Tennis, All the Time
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 17, 2019 8:50 am

It could explain why all of a sudden all these people have Kasatkina as fmKO too...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 17, 2019 8:55 am

My guess is that Perdida (who had Kasatkina as fmKO) entered scores, and they somehow were copied to Themo, Jeff, CrossCourt and Pyotr.

I cannot believe that 5 people independently pick 7-6 5-7 3-6 as result for the same match :-)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Thu 17, 2019 9:06 am

I don't remember all of those Kasatkina predictions, but the duplicated predictions for so many Gamers is definitely not coincidental.... There is a glitch but what?

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 17, 2019 10:30 am

I know that there were 2 or 3; I remember being surprised that there were so few who picked her because - given her abysmal results in the warm-ups - she was imo the most likelty one to go out. And my reasoning was that - if she loses again in R1 - then I would have some consolation in the fmKO-points...

Well, if we cannot sort it out, then maybe we should consider removing all fmKO-points. It is not fair that some would get the points by default.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jan Thu 17, 2019 11:21 am

Well, there cannot be a default prediction because 5 Gamers "have posted" that they made the prediction that Kasatkina would lose prior to Ace making corrections. If they made their prediction, as stated, why would we deny their prediction? W/o having any way to verify what they posted was true, we are relying on their honesty, as posted.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 17, 2019 11:37 am

Well, I will not complain for getting the points :-) ... I’ll desperately need them when Kerber loses...

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Thu 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jan Thu 17, 2019 8:55 am
I cannot believe that 5 people independently pick 7-6 5-7 3-6 as result for the same match :-)
that would be amazing.. I just looked at the Result Page.
Then I went to look at my own predictions at the prediction page... I didn't have those same scores.

I logged out. ... went to that score submission page again... and guess what? I was presented with those same 7-6 5-7 3-6. it's all the scores in section 1 and section 2 that are all the same.
I logged back in, went back to the page, and my submitted scores were fine.

so this is not a big issue. Looks like those were left in system cache and are showing up as default when the participants is not logged in.. Dangerous for someone trying to submit his score for the first time. If he doesn't pay attention, he'll submit those scores already waiting... I think that's happened to Jeff and others. It's not going to happen to someone who enters or entered scores for those fields.

Not something to worry about. I'll take a look and do some cleaning later but it's irrelevant.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 16, 2019 10:24 pm

A bug erased my Indian Wells scores.. Did that happened to anyone @ any tournament?
I just hunted for it.. Couldn't duplicate it. Added some fixes anyway .. not sure the problem is resolved.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re: One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Graveller » Mar Mon 18, 2019 4:40 am

I have had that I enter my predictions, that I save, and then all is removed (and nothing changed).
I try to check it all the time, but sometimes I forget. Like you, I am pretty sure (99.5%) that I entered scores for the ATP IW SF; I had heard that Nadal had an MTO in his QF? so I went on to pick Federer (and Thiem); the day after I saw that there were no scores for me (if I had won those 16 pt, I would have won the PGame :-( ) .

It seems to depend on how you get to your personal prediction page; there are different routes on how to get there. This morning - after setting up WTA Miami - I enter Stephens as fmKO, saved it, the score disappeared, and at the same time I got logged out...
Logged in again, I think that I went to my personal PGame page via the link on top of the event ranking table, and then it worked (you can also get to your page via the link in the column on the left which contains the event of this week, and I think that it sometimes goes wrong via that route).

To be sure that I have no blank rounds, I entered WTA-scores for all rounds already (up to the final where Bencic will beat Serena)

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Re: One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by CrossCourtBH » Mar Mon 18, 2019 12:51 pm

That's too bad @Ace & @Grav -

I thought I had entered Woz at Dubai for fmko &
had it taken I might have won there -
which is saying a lot - as I was second there (despite forgetting to enter R32)
& seem far from winning these days LOL.
Usually I have to enter fmko approx twice before it takes.