One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Ace2Ace » Dec Mon 31, 2018 8:47 pm

We'll see a few of them. But one by one, we'll try to resolve them. This has to be done in the last 5 days.
I expected some bugs. But we needed to keep moving. We'll be fine.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Ace2Ace » Dec Mon 31, 2018 8:50 pm

First bug:
Russian stream doesn't work for me anymore. The link in my 'favorite' maybe old. Looking for a good one.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Dec Mon 31, 2018 10:57 pm

Ace,

The Russians streams are completely dead. I think I know why.... Many people are likely using the streams to watch the NFL and NBA via such, killing revenue for the NFL Sunday ticket and NBA League Pass. Both sports are likely aware of such and they killed the Russian streams. However, some members of the women's tennis forum found other streaming sites with some being successful, for I tried one successfully. However, for me, I elected to subscribe to TC+, paid the $99 fee and at this point I'm satisfied with the coverage in addition to the fact that they are covering the entire women's Tour this year, save for 2 events, San Jose and New Haven, which will be covered by ESPN. Video quality is okay, tho' I think the quality is 720p level, as opposed to 1080p, imo, but the stream is stable and not subject to lag and fluxes at this point. On the women's forum thread on this, those who have subscribed to such are expressing satisfaction of the coverage thus far, plus they are able to see matches played that they missed, which are archived practically immediately after match completion, which is a godsend, like ESPN. So, you have options to choose how you wish to view the Tour this year, either ponying up the fee for TC+ or opting to use the streaming sites provided via the women's forum, as some have discovered.

Streaming link:

https://live-stream365.com/sport/tennis.php

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Dec Mon 31, 2018 11:01 pm

2nd Bug:

Ace,

Re Brisbane, Pyotr didn't get credit for his fmKO prediction for Stephen's lost to Konta in the tourney grid, while Predida did. In addition, he's not listed in the grid for the tourney but has submitted scores for such. Correction needed.....

Thanks...

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Dec Mon 31, 2018 11:48 pm

3rd Bug:

Plenty of issues with the Shenzhen tourney:

Today was the opening of the Round of 16 with the completed match between Cirstea and Parmentier, Cirstea prevailing. (not going to close that section of the draw for there are too many errors, in addition to Gamers having issues with posting scores, not only in this tourney but other tourneys, as well...) Nevertheless, crediting of her win varied for some, per Gamer in this fashion:

Score-to-Grid:

Cryfirefly: No points awarded on Cirstea win for the Rd. of 16 in the scoring table. However, -1 listed in QF and the Total box.......positive # listed in "uwp_Total" box.

Perdida: Same circumstances as Cryfirefly

Pyotr: Not even listed on the scoring table for points won that he predicted for the Rd of 16, but credited with the point on the prediction submission table, as were Cryfirefly and Perdida.

Corrections are in order....

Thanks

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Dec Mon 31, 2018 11:58 pm

Suggestion:

Ace,

You need to return the Recent Forum Topics box at the top of the Page, so that posters can have a quick reference to hot topics, as opposed to having to scan for threads to see the latest posts through the forums by date. It's cumbersome to look for the recent post in a thread by a date posted, as opposed to just referencing such in the Forum Topics box, as it was in the previous edition of this site.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 01, 2019 12:25 am

Yeah.. just wrote that piece. Not as good as the previous one but we need something. Looking for latest topic all over the places is not nice. Lots of things are yet to be done. Will take some time. This new software is locked pretty tight.
The messages list is only updated for the whole forum after someone clicks on the 'forum' link.
So if you post a message and look up, you won't see it listed. But if you go back to the forum, that page will update the list.
We can't write codes in the header for an instant update like in the old forum. The header area is held pretty tight... This is all due to fighting hackers... :) :) ...We know they'll find a way. Won't be easy but they never give up.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 01, 2019 1:27 am

rex wrote:
Dec Mon 31, 2018 11:01 pm
2nd Bug:

Ace,

Re Brisbane, Pyotr didn't get credit for his fmKO prediction for Stephen's lost to Konta in the tourney grid, while Predida did. In addition, he's not listed in the grid for the tourney but has submitted scores for such. Correction needed.....
Thanks...
Pyotr fmKO issue is fixed. Let's declare Victory !!!! I think some of the issues are due to the year. We are recording 2019 tournaments in 2018. Pyotr was not in the 2019 players' list for some reason.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 01, 2019 2:01 am

rex wrote:
Dec Mon 31, 2018 11:48 pm
3rd Bug:

Plenty of issues with the Shenzhen tourney:

Today was the opening of the Round of 16 with the completed match between Cirstea and Parmentier, Cirstea prevailing. (not going to close that section of the draw for there are too many errors, in addition to Gamers having issues with posting scores, not only in this tourney but other tourneys, as well...) Nevertheless, crediting of her win varied for some, per Gamer in this fashion:

Score-to-Grid:

Cryfirefly: No points awarded on Cirstea win for the Rd. of 16 in the scoring table. However, -1 listed in QF and the Total box.......positive # listed in "uwp_Total" box.

Perdida: Same circumstances as Cryfirefly

Pyotr: Not even listed on the scoring table for points won that he predicted for the Rd of 16, but credited with the point on the prediction submission table, as were Cryfirefly and Perdida.

Corrections are in order....

Thanks
This has fallen in place after the date change and the fix for Pyotr. Looks all good.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Tue 01, 2019 5:17 am

I failed to make D2F predictions, but that is something down the to-do-list; PGame (and Skan?) are more important.

Under normal conditions, the Skan would be open for submitting teams next week. How are prospects on that one?
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"