Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cahill leaves Halep

Post by Ace2Ace » Nov Fri 09, 2018 1:56 pm

Simona Halep
✔
@Simona_Halep
Thank you so much @darren_cahill for all your hard work and incredible support over the past four years.

I was lucky to have you and what a journey we had. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best and I'm sure I'll see you soon! 🙏

Darren Cahill
✔
@darren_cahill
I would like to announce that Simona and I will not be continuing our partnership in 2019 purely for family reasons on my part.
After much thought and discussion, and many years with… https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-KdiYBJk7 ... ab6yrilkws

1:30 PM - Nov 9, 2018

Maddison
Junior
Junior

Re: Cahill leaves Halep

Post by Maddison » Dec Mon 31, 2018 12:14 am

He was great for Simona......the current #1 and the POY for two years in a row.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re: Cahill leaves Halep

Post by Graveller » Jan Tue 01, 2019 9:47 am

Halep lived up to expectations; but I fear that her body won't hold up for a long career. It is physically too demanding for her, and players like her either give it all, peak for a few years and then retire early (Henin comes to mind), or they treat their body more gently and play longer without the peak moments (Radwanska comes to mind).

I love players like Bencic and Kasatkina, but am aware that they will face the same dilemma: push their body for 3-4 peak years with some wins in a major, or be an eternal bridesmaid in the Slams.
Not expecting them to be around at age 30.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"