PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

2018 ITF General talks

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Fri 16, 2018 7:25 am

SF:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Blinkova vs Kuzmova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kostyuk vs Kalinskaya#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#it's Power Players' derby !!!!!
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Fri 16, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 17, 2018 12:04 am

Final:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kuzmova vs Kalinskaya#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Two smart bomb throwers. These two should be playing WTA events, not ITF.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kuzmova once more, one win away from the top-100. It's gonna  happen, here or at the next tournament. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sat 17, 2018 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:2018 ITF General talks

Post by rex » Mar Sat 17, 2018 1:38 am

If Kuzmova wins the final she'll be in the top-100 at 98th.

Wanted to watch her match this evening, but there were so many sports events occurring simultaneously (Venus and Naomi), college hoops and the NBA (Heat v Lakers and Philly v the Nets), my attention span was severely divided. Caught a few points of her semi but that's all. (Russian stream is very effective).

Too bad tourneys don't give WCs to promising players beyond the host nation for the most part. Miami is the exception, but they appear to be IMG sponsored players for their event. Would like to see Kuzmova get a WC to Charleston (qualies at least) where the draw is more than decent and compete with the other promising youngsters. Oh well.....she'll be a solid Tour mainstay soon, nevertheless.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Agree.. Kuzmova could do some damage in Charleston. Not sure how she plays on clay though. But her backhand short angled cross-court is devastating for any opponent. That shot should be effective on any surface... The serve and the forehand are a nightmare at those ITF... Will they be as potent on the WTA tour? Lots of questions. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#One win away from the top-100. But her opponent, Kalinskaya is no small tasks. This match could go either way. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I am OK with Kalinskaya winning. I like her game too. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The other bomb thrower, Zanevska, got injured in the QF and withdrew. I hope it's nothing serious. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sat 17, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sun 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Kuzmova won the tournament in Singles... and in Doubles where she paired with Kalinskaya, the girl she beat in the Final. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The first set was strange though.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#First 4 games were a typical Kuzmova show. Winners from everywhere on the 2nd or 3rd shot. Big Serve and ROS.. She quickly moved to 4-0 in 5 seconds.. lol lol.. That was fun to watch. I could smell the bagel from here. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Then some spectators started making noises as she was serving for 5-0... people talking, kids crying.. umpire's repeated calls were in vain.. Kuzmoza got interrupted multiple times by the crying kids and stuff when she was trying to serve... She got frustrated and the strange thing happened. Girl lost focus completely. Was not even bending her knees to hit the balls.. like she was ready to just quit and go home. I swear it was like every ball was hit long or in the net, without any kind of effort. strange.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#You can't just quit like that. As a pro, you got to be able to adjust to all the noises... . I almost turned it off, disgusted by the attitude. She lost the next 5 games spraying the ball everywhere but on the court.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serving at 4-5, somehow she decided not to lose. She started playing again and won the next 3 games. 7-5 .. It's like she was winning it or losing it, although her opponent was hitting some nice winners but that didn't matter much.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Videos started going really bad at the start of the 2nd set so I turned it off. It was hard to watch. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Nice to see this morning she won that 2nd set 6-3. But, girl, you can't pack your bag and go home because of noises. Got to stay focus and play on.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#She now enters the top-100 at #98 in the LIVE Ranking. But I don't think she'll be there after Miami. She is not playing next week. I think a few girls on the outskirt of the top-100 will overtake her.. But I have no doubt she'll get back after her next tournament.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Congratulation Lady Kuz...!!! ... !!! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#You should build your residence in District Top-100.. Time to get out of the ITF jungle.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sun 18, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:2018 ITF General talks

Post by rex » Mar Sun 18, 2018 12:44 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Tried watching Kuzmova's match last night, but the stream was terrible. Gave up.......#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#As far as current "live" ranking, one "live" ranking site has Kuzmova at 98th after her title, which is what I went with, while Coric's live ranking site has her at 106th. Who to believe? Yet, it's only a matter of time this talent is in the top-100 and staying. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sun 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Yup. The "Domination" girl should worry about running into girls like Kuzmo in R1. :) :)
The upset threat is real.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:After adding Kuzmova to my 2018 new top-100 playres list, I am selecting two new fine players: Jill Teichmann and Rebecca Peterson.

I watched Peterson's match yesterday. She was good. Today, she was even better. Such a clean ball striker. Great serve( 8 aces vs 0 for Puig), very well calibrated powerful ground strokes. ..Doesn't spray at all... Plays a pretty clean game. Great defense. Excellent movement..
Very nice to see these girls take matter in their own hands instead of pushing and waiting for errors.
Peterson is making her move. Now in QR2, playing Bouchard next.
Sorry for the young Canadian.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Mon 19, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Never lied..
Sorry for the young Canadian. Peterson moves on. 6-4 6-3. Told you.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 26, 2018 6:27 pm

France: $60,000 Croissy-Beaubourg #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kuzmova enters the Doubles with another l#ed_op#strike#ed_cl#ethal ball striker#ed_op#/strike#ed_cl# #ed_op#strike#ed_cl#Zanevska#ed_op#/strike#ed_cl#.  Missed it. It's rather with Kalinskaya, another 19-year old power babe. Still gonna be hot.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#In Singles, I expect Kuzmo to run into bomb thrower Ocean Dodin in the SF. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#But Anna Blinkova could stop Dodin in the QF. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Blinkova vs Dodin should be a tough one.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Mon 26, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.