PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

2018 ITF General talks

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Sat 19, 2018 6:22 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Let's hope......#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Other/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:2018 ITF General talks

Post by rex » May Sun 20, 2018 7:20 am

Congratulations to Vicky K. on winning this 100k in 3 and now being ranked in the upper 80's, tho' that will change for some of the players in that section are playing Strasbourg or Nurnberger. Good match between her and Cepe Royg, who is herself a nice player. Next for both is Paris......

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Sun 20, 2018 10:01 am

Didn't watch but happy she is finally in the top-100

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sat 02, 2018 7:20 pm

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#There is a 100k grass event in Surbiton, Great Britain beginning June 4th. A few stateside players are in the maindraw (Riske, Dolehide, Falconi) and qualies is featuring Duval and Asia Muhammad amongst others. Also playing is Destanee and Jamie Fourlis from Aussie land....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Wondering why Buzarnescu at 33rd in the rankings is playing this event. #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Lastly, it appears France has dumped all of its 100k clay events that were scheduled during the 2nd week of the French and thereafter with Great Britain picking up the slack, for they have 100k grass events scheduled for the next 3 weeks leading up to Wimby, beginning on July 2nd...... makes sense. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jun Sat 02, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sat 02, 2018 9:06 pm

I love the idea of not having clay tournament right after the French Open.
Excellent. Give the girls a chance to play more tournaments on grass.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Can you believe this French Open Girls match Simona Waltert vs Salma Djoubri is more exciting than the snoooze fest between Kastakina and Wozniacki?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kasatkina and Wozz are so slow pushing. lol... 1 breaks with balls slower than a snail to start the match.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Then she hits 3 slows DF in a row + UE to give the break back to Wozniacki.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Then they start they stlow 2 mph shots again. :( I wanted Kasatkina to win this match. But now I want both to lose. LOL LOL.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#While waiting for their match to start, I was watching this exciting French Open Junior match. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#So I shut down the WTA and went straight back to the  young power zingers going after each other with huge serves and ground strokes from both girls.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Why are Woz and Kasatkina still in this tournament? LOL LOL LOL... Redo the draw, please.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Sun 03, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Tue 05, 2018 9:10 am

I see the streams are broadcasting the men's event at Surbiton, but not the ladies. Was hoping to catch Destanee's match with Stollar today.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 05, 2018 9:36 am

I wonder which Aiava is going to show up.
She is 18 now so she can play any number of tournaments. let's watch.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 05, 2018 1:35 pm

just turned on the Aiva scoreboard in time.
she broke and was serving for the match at 5-4. Got broken.

I was thinking she's probably throwing racquet... and taking herself out of the match as she's been doing lately.
And it looked like that's what happened. Didn't win a single point after being broken at 5-4.
The girl held at love... and broke her at love to win 7-5.
Aiva got an attitude problem.
Just because you couldn't serve out the match doesn't mean it's over. You have to try to break again or force a TB. You don't just give up.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Tue 05, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Tue 05, 2018 2:38 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

You can't assume that she acted like you said w/o seeing the match. When she lost in qualies at the French she didn't carry on like you're saying here either, for I saw the match. She should have won the match at the French, for she was in control for a set and half and let it get away from her. I still can't understand why she did for her opponent couldn't do a thing with her.

Today, I thought the match with Stollar would be difficult. Again, it was a tight match but losing in the end when up. She just has to see matches like this through and not fold. However, she's just 18 and now playing a full schedule. Still in growth mode at that age.

Good to see Duval move on, albeit by retirement in the 3rd set. Gets Wickmayer next.....