Tournaments this week

2018 ITF General talks

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish
Re:2018 ITF General talks

Post by rex » Mar Sun 18, 2018 12:44 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#Tried watching Kuzmova's match last night, but the stream was terrible. Gave up.......#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#As far as current "live" ranking, one "live" ranking site has Kuzmova at 98th after her title, which is what I went with, while Coric's live ranking site has her at 106th. Who to believe? Yet, it's only a matter of time this talent is in the top-100 and staying. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sun 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Yup. The "Domination" girl should worry about running into girls like Kuzmo in R1. :) :)
The upset threat is real.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:After adding Kuzmova to my 2018 new top-100 playres list, I am selecting two new fine players: Jill Teichmann and Rebecca Peterson.

I watched Peterson's match yesterday. She was good. Today, she was even better. Such a clean ball striker. Great serve( 8 aces vs 0 for Puig), very well calibrated powerful ground strokes. ..Doesn't spray at all... Plays a pretty clean game. Great defense. Excellent movement..
Very nice to see these girls take matter in their own hands instead of pushing and waiting for errors.
Peterson is making her move. Now in QR2, playing Bouchard next.
Sorry for the young Canadian.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Mon 19, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Never lied..
Sorry for the young Canadian. Peterson moves on. 6-4 6-3. Told you.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 26, 2018 6:27 pm

France: $60,000 Croissy-Beaubourg #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kuzmova enters the Doubles with another l#ed_op#strike#ed_cl#ethal ball striker#ed_op#/strike#ed_cl# #ed_op#strike#ed_cl#Zanevska#ed_op#/strike#ed_cl#.  Missed it. It's rather with Kalinskaya, another 19-year old power babe. Still gonna be hot.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#In Singles, I expect Kuzmo to run into bomb thrower Ocean Dodin in the SF. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#But Anna Blinkova could stop Dodin in the QF. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Blinkova vs Dodin should be a tough one.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Mon 26, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 27, 2018 9:52 am

Heard Kuzmo lost ... :( :(
Have no clue what happened... Injured? sick? boyfriend? lol lol
big upset. Dodin should walk to the Final.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Thu 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Kuzmova is into the quarters at the ITF 100k in Cagnes-Sur-Mer, France. Match-ups with Andrea Petkovic tomorrow at about 9:30 a.m. stateside (MW). Will be watching.....

Watched some of her match this morning against Paolini, who is a nice player. I'll just say I love her game, better game and talent than my young fav in Osaka. Not as passionate yet, but it's getting there.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 10, 2018 8:38 pm

yes.. I was watching Halep vs Pliskova when looking around, I saw kuzmova was on. Had to tune in. Love to watch this girl.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#First set 3-3 ... big match. big shots.. big points.. Power babes... the way I  like it. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Paolini with her small frame can really hit powerful winners. I like her.  Her problem is that she never comes forwards behind her big shots to end the point. When she adds that to her game, she'll stun a few top players now and then.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#Of a sudden Kuzmona could not find the court.. spraying left and right while Paolini had no mercy. Paolini goes up 5-3, serving for the set.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Then Kuzmova wakes up and wins the next 4 games. Her cross-court backhand is devastating; 7-5. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Then I had to leave...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl#Petkovic is not going to be an easy match-up because she can be a brick wall some times. If Kuzmo's bombs are not lending like when she was going down in that first set against Paolini, forget it. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I think she'll enter the top-100 if she beats Petko. But this has been a problem. Every time she needs to win just 1 match to enter the top-100, she finds a way to lose. So, crossing fingers.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 10, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » May Thu 10, 2018 9:24 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Viktoria can handle Andrea, for Andrea's game is just basic. Nothing behind her predictable redirection of baseline tennis. Expecting Viktoria to prevail. If not, plenty of time to reach the top-100, tho' I'm expecting top-50 by year's end.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » May Thu 10, 2018 9:41 pm

I have been burned a couple of times by my new girls. The way she loses sometime is puzzling. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#So I'll just stick to top-100, which is a few steps away. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#But yes, I expect her to become a regular in WTA events.. She's got big shots, big serves and beautiful drop shots out of nowhere. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Needs a good coach to enrich that uranium. :) :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Rocking the red top:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="https://i.imgur.com/coGEv5Q.jpg" width="683" height="1211"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 10, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.