Tournaments this week

Sam Querrey tests positive for the Virus

ATP version of the WTA general tennis
rex
Commish
Commish
Sam Querrey tests positive for the Virus

Post by rex » Oct Tue 13, 2020 1:58 pm

Sam tested positive and has withdrawn from St. Pete. Replaced in the draw by Viktor Troicki, who'll face Shapovalov.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: Sam Querrey tests positive for the Virus

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Tue 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Oh My :(

I got a new job studying blood cancer :shock:

WHEEEW

I'll get real serious, quick!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Tue 13, 2020 3:49 pm

HARD job!!

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Tue 13, 2020 3:51 pm

My Chief Medical Officer (CMO) doesn't play ~ Lots of reading & thinking ...

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Tue 13, 2020 4:31 pm

I studied being a surgeon ~ First smell of blood & I fainted :lol:

I told Dad: NO!!

LMAO

I'll work in the lab :oops:

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Tue 13, 2020 4:32 pm

My daughter is a pain in my azze!!

LOL

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Fri 16, 2020 3:39 pm

US tennis player Sam Querrey accused of fleeing Russia after testing positive for coronavirus

(CNN)American tennis player Sam Querrey is under scrutiny for leaving Russia on a private jet after testing positive for Covid-19.

The 33-year-old and his wife had tested positive for the virus ahead of the St. Petersburg Open this week and were placed in quarantine at a five-star hotel, according to the tournament organizers.

Local health authorities had recommended Querrey and his family should be moved to a private apartment but the World no. 49 did not answer the door when a team of doctors was dispatched to evaluate their condition, according to organizers.

"Sam Querrey was scheduled to retest on Thursday, October 15, however, instead of acting in accordance with ATP rules and the tournament's sanitary protocol, Sam Querrey was recorded leaving the hotel by hotel security cameras at 5.45 a.m. on October 13, with his family, without notifying the reception," read a statement from organizers.

"As Querrey told the ATP representative, he and his family left Russia on a private plane."

The ATP, the governing body for men's tennis, told CNN it was aware of an incident "regarding a player's serious breach of protocol" and confirmed it has launched an investigation. It did not name Querrey in its statement.

Querrey has not won a grand slam singles title in his career but did reach the semifinals of Wimbledon in 2017.
CNN reached out to Querrey's representatives but has not yet received a response.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Fri 16, 2020 3:40 pm

FOGNINI THE SECOND ATP PLAYER TO TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 THIS WEEK
Two days after Sam Querrey pulled out of St. Petersburg, the Italian was forced to withdraw from Sardinia on Wednesday.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Oct Fri 16, 2020 3:44 pm

After testing positive for the coronavirus, the Querreys were reportedly instructed to quarantine for 14 days at their hotel, the opulent St. Petersburg Four Seasons. The family reportedly had no problems with that part of the plan.

However, the Querreys then reportedly received a call from a representative of the Russian health authorities who said a doctor would visit to examine them. If the family displayed symptoms — they were reportedly experiencing what they believed to be mild symptoms — they would face a forced hospitalization.

At that point, supposedly out of fear of the hospital stay and being separated from their infant son in a foreign country, Querrey reportedly arranged for a private jet to secretly take his family across the Russian border. They reportedly sat in the back of the jet to distance themselves from the pilot.

Where did the Querreys land? Unknown. Rothenberg reports they landed in “a nearby European country” that does not require a negative test for entry, and are now winding down in an Airbnb. They reportedly do not plan to reveal their whereabouts, even to the health authorities of the country in which they are staying.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Oct Fri 16, 2020 7:49 pm

That's what ugly people do, lol, probably Belarus!!

I dare you to contract me ...

DJ has never failed :evil: