ATP version of the WTA general tennis
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
BLONDE Hair, Blue Eyed Tennis Riches Spark WAR

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 02, 2019 7:41 pm

HIS CONFIDENCE "BELOW ZERO", ZVEREV ALLUDES TO ISSUES WITH EX-AGENT

Alexander Zverev, who lost in the first round of Wimbledon Monday, said he's been distracted by conflict off the court.

LONDON—Alexander Zverev says his confidence is "below zero" following a first-round exit at Wimbledon, also alluding to recent problems with his former agent.

The 22-year-old German fell to Jiri Vesely in his opener on Monday, saying he played poorly because of some personal issues in the two days before the tournament.

"I would say [they were] very rough for me personally. I'm not going to get into details, but I'm just saying. I have to fix that to play well," he said.

Zverev split in the offseason with his agent, Patricio Apey, in what appears to be an acrimonious decision involving several million dollars. While speaking to press in German, Zverev added that the problems did not have anything to do with his team, and spoke more of what appeared to be a reference to his agent's behavior.

"A person I thought was my friend, with whom I worked for years, is doing everything to harm me," he said. "I cannot believe people can be like this. I'm very angry about it."

Zverev also noted the problems, surprisingly, had begun with his title run at the ATP Finals, the biggest of his career.

"Following a success, that's [when] the work begins, and then things come into the open," he said.

He has had an up and down season: he won the title in Geneva, reached the final in Acapulco and advanced to the quarterfinals of the French Open, but otherwise, has rarely won two straight rounds at an event. Zverev is currently No. 5 in the ATP rankings.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Wed 03, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: BLONDE Hair, Blue Eyes Tennis Riches Spark WAR

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 02, 2019 7:42 pm

“His ability is there for all to see and he is also a wonderful athlete to work with. To have a player who is 6’6”, blonde hair, blue eyes and is an incredible talent on the court, this is certainly good for the game and the key for us is there is no rush here. I have worked with a lot of tennis players down the years and you can never rush them. You give them the right platform to perform and from there, you see how far they can go.

“Every time we look at where Sascha is and ask where he might be in 18 months time, he get there inside six months. We have been working with Sascha since his was 16 and now he is 21. We said it would take five years for him to deliver on the potential we can all see he has and now he looks ready to do that.”

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Wed 03, 2019 6:27 am

His agent was cheating him??

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Wed 03, 2019 8:26 am

djmm1962 wrote:
Jul Wed 03, 2019 6:27 am
His agent was cheating him??
Unclear. From what I understand, the agent thinks he has a contract through 2023(?), but Alex thinks otherwise, wanting to join a group with Federer toute de suite.