Tournaments this week

BOYS Forced To Change Underwear

ATP version of the WTA general tennis

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:BOYS Forced To Change Underwear

Post by rex » Jul Thu 13, 2017 1:41 pm

#ed_op#i#ed_cl#You know.......I've had enough of Wimby. Can't end soon enough with bad grass, bad footing due to such, petty fines, outdated clothing requirements, biased and disrespectful scheduling for the ladies and horrendous/onerous tax policies and laws for the players that forces top players to skip grass warmups in England due to such. It's the reason why the AO is my favorite Slam......the best facilities of the bunch (3 roofed courts and a 4th to be built housing 10k but no roof for now), nice climate, o/s fan support for both Tours, fair scheduling for the ladies and no insulting and onerous taxes. Wimby fan support is great, tho', well-attended. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jul Thu 13, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Thu 13, 2017 2:26 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Haha, that are the British...

I am 100% pro-European Union and 100% pro-Brexit.

I wanted those Little Englanders out for decades; they never got the idea of the EU.
It is all about themselves: "How do we make sure that we are better off than the rest"... but the EU never worked like that.
And now the rich elite - who saw their power over people crumbling due to EU rules - convinced those same people to give up all EU benefits so that the british elite can control them again...
The elite has rather full power over poorer people than share power over people who are doing well...
(After centuries of being a world power, they will find out that they are insignificant in the 21st century)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Thu 13, 2017 2:46 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
I am 100% pro-European Union and 100% pro-Brexit.

I wanted those Little Englanders out for decades; they never got the idea of the EU.

It is all about themselves: "How do we make sure that we are better off than the rest"... but the EU never worked like that.

And now the rich elite - who saw their power over people crumbling
due to EU rules - convinced those same people to give up all EU benefits
so that the british elite can control them again...

The elite has rather full power over poorer people than share power over people who are doing well...

(After centuries of being a world power, they will find out that they are insignificant in the 21st century)
#ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#You want the Brits to leave the EU, Grav'? I'm not keeping up with the day-to-day politics of this dispute. But, didn't Theresa May's party suffer massive losses in the last election a couple of months ago, jeopardizing her chances of getting reelected and the talks of the Brit departure now on hold due to such? #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The Global elites own the States, as well. Yet, the Nation's citizens don't realize that they're being had, protected by Repugnants (Republicans) and Blue dog Demos' as they continue the fleecing. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jul Thu 13, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Thu 13, 2017 3:01 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

They've been blocking the progress of the EU since day 1; only when it is something they will profit the most, they agree.
They got exemptions on so many topics; French president De Gaulle was 100% right in the '60ties when he blocked the UK from joining the EU for a decade. He said that they would never fit in the european project. Spot on.

But the leader of the opposition is also anti-EU... so doesn't matter who leads them.

I would reduce the EU to 10-12 countries that support the project and the rest can follow UK to the exit door.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jul Thu 13, 2017 3:29 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Retro' to the 60's and De Gaulle? I'll take your word on that.....#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/35.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yet, wasn't the initial Brexit ballot initiative not taken seriously by the majority population and after the vote, massive regret ensued by those who didn't want to leave the EU and was reflected in the recent party losses by May's crew in the just completed election cycle? I gather that the Brexit movement of the Left, which is the equivalent of the right wing movement here in the States, the foundation of such being protectionism, nationalism and racism. Further, wasn't the winner of the last election over May pro-EU? For the opposition party was calling for May's head (asked her to resign) after her party suffered bad losses in the last election cycle. Or, did I misread that? #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Further, except for military inclusion, what are the benefits of being in the EU economically? And the last point leads to what entails the economy of all the Nations in the area of manufacturing and the production of goods and services? I'd like to know what that is, off-hand, not saying you would have to know.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Fri 14, 2017 4:16 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl#On of the big benefit of the EU single market:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I can produce/manufacture something in Belgium, and transport/sell it in any EU-country without customs checks or border control.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I can go to any EU-country and apply for a job without any restriction (no "green cards" needed)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#It's like a Mexican going to US or Canada (or vice versa) and apply for a job without any border controls or restrictions. Or Canadians transporting wood to Mexico as much as they want without any border controls or tarriffs...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#For this to work properly, you need some regulation that is applicable in the whole of Europe. For example, a fridge with specific Energy label. In the past, if you manufactured an fridge in Belgium, it had to meet Belgian regulation on E-labels before selling. But if you wanted to sell in another country, the rules could be different, so for EVERY country that you wanted to sell your product, you needed to make adaptations. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Other example: medicines: you needed permission of every single country to sell your medication.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#In the EU, they now made - for example - regulation on medication&nbsp; that is applicable to all EU countries. So if your medicine meets this regulation, then you can sell it all over the EU: one authorisation for 27 countries instead of 27 separate authorisations (I say "27" countries and not "28" because I kicked out the UK already, haha)&nbsp; #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#And the EU tries to harmonise legislation as much as it can for all kind of products and standards. So business only has to take one standard&nbsp; into account for 27 countries. If you produce a fridge, then the Energy-label is valid for the whole of the EU; no 27 different labels needed.... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#AND THIS IS UK ITS PROBLEM: they hate being dictated by "Brussels".... its is not their rules. So now they want to "take back control" and make their own rules. But they forget that their products will still have to meet EU-standards if they want to sell in the EU.... If an UK-based company will make a medicine, they will have to register in the UK for bringing it on the UK market. But on top of that, they will have to register it in the EU, and will STILL have to meet the EU-regulation.&nbsp; #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#For the market, it is also more interesting to have one currency if you trade between countries: no exchange between currencies needed. The whole of Europe accepts that, except.... yes... the UK and their pound.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#For business in Europe, it is also more interesting if taxation levels would be more unified; in that case it does not matter in which country a company is based as the taxation is similar... of course, the UK has been blocking this for ages (they want lower tax so they can "steal" companies from the rest of Europe).#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The EU wanted higher import tarriffs on Chinese steel who were dumping their cheap steel on the EU-market (and killing EU steel manufacturing). Who blocked it? yes, the UK: they produce less steel but need a lot; so they want cheap steel. And they don't care that other EU-countries suffer from that....#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#You see, with the UK, it is all about themselves, their ego, their (lost) empire,.... UK are no team-players. Never were, never will be and De Gaulle knew this. Most people in Europe know that UK leaving will harm us a bit on the short-term, but on the long-term, the EU project will benefit from getting rid of the Little Englanders...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Jul Fri 14, 2017 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Fri 14, 2017 9:33 am

Dear GOD!!!!

In 2012, they let Serena were her strawberry colored undergarments!! You couldn't miss it, LOL!!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Fri 14, 2017 9:36 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>djmm1962</b>:</font>

BTW, I read there was some bruhaha involving Venus this year and her colored bra. She had to change it, but the reporter got into some trouble with his caption: "Something isn't all white here"

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Fri 14, 2017 9:48 am

LOL, Venus' pink bra ~ She wore it during her first match. I remember her presser when she told the reporters she wasn't comfortable speaking about her undergarments. Too funny!!

I'll let that caption slide (for now)!!