PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

looking ahead

ATP version of the WTA general tennis
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Tue 11, 2017 8:33 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Zvezda_red#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
you really believe he can get past Nadal in the QF, then possibly Murray in the SFs?#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#now let's ignore the Zverev prediction for a the time being and assume he get's either Nole or Fed in the final.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#you're basically asking him to beat 3 of the Big 4 in one major...never happened before
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#So three days later and Cilic won't face Nadal in the quarters :-) the Spaniard is out#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And Murray is not half the palyer he was a year ago. I expect him to struggle against Querrey... even a loss is possible#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And Novak seemed to have shoulder issues vs Mannarino today... he better get that sorted out before meeting Berdych tomorrow.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Cilic vs Federer..... the likely final#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#ps: I hope you did not put too much money on a Tsonga vs Nadal SF #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Jul Tue 11, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Zvezda_red
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Zvezda_red » Jul Tue 11, 2017 9:29 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>djmm1962</b>:</font>

almost 10
almost 8
and just turned 1

i'm a busy boy these days

my soon to be 10 year old is enrolled in the Rep program for soccer and is excelling. All she keeps saying is she wants to play for Canada at the Olympics. I asked "what about Serbia?" and she said "we'll see tata if I'm good enough and if they call.". I had to tell her Canada's team is much better and she just smiled and said "look at it this way, I'll still be wearing a red jersey"
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine

Tesla

Zvezda_red
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Zvezda_red » Jul Tue 11, 2017 9:33 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

When will I learn that when it comes to put up time, the French only know how to shut up

Tsonga in my opinion is the biggest underachiever in tennis this generation

As for Nadal, I can't even expect the cheating Spaniard to get things right in the R16..ugh. Well he's off my US skan team

and at this point I hope it is a Nole - Cilic final
- great must see TV (serb versus Croat). Lol the Croats will go nuts when Djokovic wins in 4

too bad about Zverev running out of gas.

As for the skan, all I really care about is one number...No 13. If that happens, I can finish 59th for all I care :-)

though I must say, I tip my hat to the guy leading. If he was smart enough to not pick a french man, he could very well have had all 6 players still active...brilliant, cause the Good looking one, was his 6th pick
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine

Tesla

Zvezda_red
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Zvezda_red » Jul Tue 11, 2017 9:40 am

also a Murray loss drops his rankings points significantly. a QF loss brings him down to approx. 8,000 points
Nadal will improve as well, but if Djokovic wins the tournament and Murray loses in the QFs, had Djokovic done enough to retake the number 1 ranking?

I did quick math in my heand I don't think so even if the QF loss and the win happen

Stan did nothing last year so his early loss should keep him 3rd unless Fed can find a way to win it all and jump up to number 2

well for the first time in a long time the rankings for the men is at least interesting and we could see major shuffling between now and the USO

Fed could very well end up being player of the year...wow

Tesla

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Tue 11, 2017 9:50 am

the dude that beat Nadal yesterday, I thought he was young 20-year old like Ostapenko.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Tue 11, 2017 9:52 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Zvezda_red#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Murray currently has 7750 pt.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#If Novak wins Wimbledon, he has 7965 (and is the new #1)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Zvezda_red
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Zvezda_red » Jul Tue 11, 2017 12:58 pm

how did you come up with that? ATP website has him at 9390. Even a finals loss to Nole drops him by 800 points and means he's at 8590

If Nole wins it all, he'll gain about 1900 points and will jump up to about 8,000 points

Tesla

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Tue 11, 2017 1:19 pm

This the result I suspect will come to pass.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Tue 11, 2017 4:43 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Zvezda_red</b>:</font>

Murray will have 9390 if he defends his title. If he loses tomorrow, he ends with 7750

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Tue 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Novak : 6055 - 90 (r3 points 2016) = 5965 + 2000 (winning 2017) = 7965...