PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

Olympics: Who should team up with Serena

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP

Olympics: Who should team up with Serena for the Mixed Doubles?

Isner
67%
Roddick
33%
Brian
No votes
Fish
No votes

Total votes: 6

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Olympics: Who should team up with Serena

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Wed 18, 2012 11:03 am

Olympics: Who should team up with Serena for the Mixed Doubles.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Isner? Andy, Brian#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Isner's lobby:
Isner, America's highest ranked men's singles player, said he'd like to put himself in the sweepstakes to play mixed doubles with Williams at the London Olympics this summer.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#He's not the only one.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Andy Roddick and the Bryan brothers are among those who also have expressed interest in playing with the two-time Olympic gold medalist.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#"I may be the odd man out," Isner said on a conference call Tuesday to preview the London Games. "But I'm pretty good friends with Serena. Might need to bribe her, maybe send a gift in the mail to get her to play with me."
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Wed 18, 2012 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Wed 18, 2012 12:46 pm

I went for Isner... Roddick may be to susceptible for injury/fatigue when playing both singles and doubles.

But for the Games, you have to think "country", not individual success.

Doubles: Venus & Serena + Brian Brothers.
Serena also plays singles, so imo it is "suicide" to enter a third event. Having to play two matches on a single day for two (or more) consecutive days in the final stages of the draws may affect her fitness in the end.

Mixed doubles:
Venus + Isner
Huber + Fish.

And Venus no singles. Give McHale the opportunity. Just don't see it happen for her in singles.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Wed 18, 2012 6:58 pm

I think for Andy and Serena, it would be something born to be.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#They were playing tennis together when they are young. 9,10, 11-year old. They have remained friends.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Would be nice to see them play together at the olympic. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Andy's serve is pretty sharp although I agree Isner's serve would be harder to return. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#But both Isner and Andy would 'kill' the lady who would be receiving their serves. The difference would be how the male play them. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serena's serve, when it's on, is untouchable, no matter who is on the other side. She's got the best placement compared to anyone, male or female IMHO. Paired with Andy or Isner, she wins. Doesn't matter.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Apr Wed 18, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MJ4U
Commish
Commish

Post by MJ4U » Apr Wed 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I picked Isner because I think they would have a better opportunity to win the goal, but I think she will chose Andy due to their long close relationship.
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Apr Wed 18, 2012 9:41 pm

There she is. Where have you been? Shopping on MSN?

MJ4U
Commish
Commish

Post by MJ4U » Apr Thu 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:There she is. Where have you been? Shopping on MSN?
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hahaha Funny Ace. I have been hanging out at ESPN. I posted a poll... Should Bartoli be given an exemption to play in the Olympics? And wow some people have some very strong passionate opinions regarding the subject and of course since I posted the topic, I felt and wanted to express my opinion. I'm surprised it's still going. I'm very much enjoying the lively, spirited discussion, nevertheless; I'm happy to be home.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Additionally; I'm in the process of preparing for my move to a new home( apartment) so I'm a busy as a bee making honey.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by MJ4U on Apr Thu 19, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Thu 19, 2012 1:43 pm

I already thought you left us :-( . I suddenly had to do all the score updating this week ;-)

So when are you moving?
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

MJ4U
Commish
Commish

Post by MJ4U » Apr Thu 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Graveller wrote:#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#So when are you moving?
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#May 30, but I'm taking this opportunity to do my spring cleaning and eliminate unnecessary things.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
Graveller wrote:I already thought you left us :-( . I suddenly had to do all the score updating this week ;-)#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry about that but I will try to input some scores, however;  I need to step back for a while, last week almost drove me batty updating three tournaments all with different times. Making sure to close the European ones before I went to bed. Then Houston is three behind my time, so trying to keep up with the time zones were troublesome. And before that it was Charleston. But never fear I will be back in full force.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by MJ4U on Apr Thu 19, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Apr Thu 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Don't worry about closing the European ones from now on: I do that in the morning (did it this morning too).

In fact, doing the European events is OK for me: I do it during the day and it is a bit of relaxation between work ;-)
Last edited by Graveller on Apr Thu 19, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cibulkova
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Cibulkova » Apr Thu 19, 2012 8:55 pm

MJ4U wrote:
Graveller wrote:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#So when are you moving?
#ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#May 30, but I'm taking this opportunity to do my spring cleaning and eliminate unnecessary things.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl#Moving where??#ed_op#br#ed_cl#