What nickname?

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
What nickname?

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Sun 30, 2018 6:29 pm

#ed_op#p#ed_cl#The Cincinnati tournament magazine asked players what nicknames they
have been given by fans, friends or fellow players. The world No. 1
female player #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Simona Halep#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl# gave the funniest answer. '#ed_op#em#ed_cl#Money#ed_op#/em#ed_cl#!', Halep said.#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl# #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Dominic Thiem#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#:#ed_op#em#ed_cl# 'Everybody calls me Domi, and I am fine with that.'#ed_op#/em#ed_cl# #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Nick Kyrgios#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: '#ed_op#em#ed_cl#My friends just call me Kygs - just Kyrgios short I guess.'#ed_op#/em#ed_cl# #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Angelique Kerber#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: '#ed_op#em#ed_cl#Angie.#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#This is my nickname from everyone. They call me Angelique if it's serious#ed_op#/em#ed_cl#.' #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Jack Sock#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: '#ed_op#em#ed_cl#Sizzie#ed_op#/em#ed_cl#.' #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Karolina Pliskova#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: '#ed_op#em#ed_cl#My nickname is Kaya. Everyone calls me like this.'#ed_op#/em#ed_cl# #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Elina Svitolina#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: 'My team, they have a nickname for me: Svitty.' #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Svetlana Kuznetsova#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#:#ed_op#em#ed_cl#
'I hate everything they call me, except Svetlana or Sveta, [because] my
many fans and people on Tour call me Kuze, Kuze - whatever, and I
really cannot stand that.'#ed_op#/em#ed_cl# #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Juan Martin del Potro#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: '#ed_op#em#ed_cl#I have a lot of nicknames...#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#the most popular is Delpo. What else... El Torre Tandil, Juanito.'#ed_op#/em#ed_cl# #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Jo-Wilfried Tsonga#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: '#ed_op#em#ed_cl#When I was a baby they called me Baby Dino, because they said my father was a dinosaur#ed_op#/em#ed_cl#.' Finally the Brit #ed_op#strong#ed_cl#Johanna Konta#ed_op#/strong#ed_cl#: #ed_op#em#ed_cl#'I'm normally called Jo, [but] some people call me Jojo.'#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl##ed_op#a href="https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/n ... p#/p#ed_cl#