Guangzhou and rain?

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Guangzhou and rain?

Post by Graveller » Sep Fri 14, 2018 3:10 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#I just saw the projected path of hurricane/typhoon Mangkhut who is expect to land at the Phillipines on saturday. Guangzhou is within the probability cone for a few days later and it is an outdoor event.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I see the potential of some huge delays and chaotic order of play for that event.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#(and in case of a full hit even a cancellation? - in that case; is it worth playing the PGame?)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Sep Fri 14, 2018 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Sat 15, 2018 9:45 am

I was thinking... what on earth is the "Tachikawa" event...

Then I realised that they are works going on at the normal Tokyo-location... so they moved the Toray Pan Pacific temporarily to somewhere else.

I will place the winner of this Game in the Tokyo- Hall of Fame... Not going to make a new event for a single edition....
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Sun 16, 2018 1:40 am

OK, Started the event anyway... got to give X.Wang, Y.Wang and Q.Wang their 15 min of glory... a shame that M.Wang failed in qualies

(The lack of variation in last names in China always keeps me wondered; must be an administrative nightmare)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Sep Sun 16, 2018 12:22 pm

All plains to guangzhou suspended due to hurricane; that province gets the full hit...

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Sep Sun 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info & updates Grav