NOVAK'S Tablets Last Night?

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
NOVAK'S Tablets Last Night?

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Thu 06, 2018 11:45 am

Novak Djokovic makes medical request to team during John Millman clash - 'I need tablets'

NOVAK DJOKOVIC desperately appealed to his support team for tablets during the second set of his match with John Millman.

By UCHE AMAKO
PUBLISHED: 05:40, Thu, Sep 6, 2018 | UPDATED: 05:44, Thu, Sep 6, 2018

Djokovic won the first set of his clash with Millman 6-3 but at the beginning of the second set appeared to be having issues with his health.

After one point, Djokovic nearly collapsed to the ground after dumping a forehand into the net.

Then in another, Djokovic knelt down looking exhausted before playing the next point.

Then in the changeover at 2-1 in the second set, Djokovic was heard demanding tablets.

"I need tablets," he said in the direction of his coaching team and manager wife.

And Djokovic then offered to write down what he needed from his team to get his message across.

Djokovic's team appeared bemused by his demands but were eventually able to give him the drink he requested.

And quizzed as to whether they were salt tablets to help Djokovic’s hydration given he and Millman were sweating so profusely, he added: “No. I mean, I can’t talk about it.”

Speaking ahead of the match, Djokovic insisted he was in good shape to handle the tough conditions.

He said: "I actually had several situations like this, I mean, throughout my Grand Slam career where I was tested earlier.

"As I got deeper into the tournament, I felt like I started to swing through the ball better, just started to raise the level of tennis.

"I felt like in the first couple rounds, I was still struggling a little bit with the level.

"I wasn't that consistent. Then last match against Gasquet, and also today, was pretty good.

"So I'm really pleased with where my game is at at the moment.

"Getting into quarterfinals, ready to perform well.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Thu 06, 2018 12:13 pm

samsung tablet? Get the latest S3, my friend.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: NOVAK'S Tablets Last Night?

Post by sekasi » Sep Thu 06, 2018 1:27 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

Is it illegal to request for your meds on court?

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re: NOVAK'S Tablets Last Night?

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Thu 06, 2018 1:42 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>

Apparently not. I do recall Maria and Dinara producing a small brown/black bottle from a towel on court right before a 3rd set or tiebreaker. When the camera panned them, they hid it in the towel behind their back. Dinara went so far as to shoo the cameraman away. Maria played it cool.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Sep Thu 06, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Sep Thu 06, 2018 3:00 pm

That was liquid Meldo. Melanie can't use anymore. In the old days, she would have wiped out Navarro.
Where is Tiwtiw anywauy? Waiting for the next Domination to start?