Accomplished
DOPERS Face Off

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Mon 06, 2018 11:43 am

Maria v. Karatantcheva. Who wins?

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Aug Mon 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Haha, the same thought crossed my mind when I saw the complete draw....
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Mon 06, 2018 1:32 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>
 Awkward for sure.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Mon 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Appropriately, their match is suspended, much as they were for doping. lol

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Tue 07, 2018 10:17 am

lololololol

Karatantcheva Works on ‘Ass Kicking’ at WTA Rogers Cup Montreall

In a match suspended due to rain, unseeded former No. 1 Maria Sharapova leads qualifier Sesil Karatantcheva, who in 2005 as a teen said of Sharapova “I can kick her ass” after getting stood up by the Russian for a practice match, 4-1 in the first set.

Karatantcheva said of herself in 2005 as a 15 year old at the time: “I want to be myself. I want to be independent, I just want to do everything. I think I’m old enough for everything. I’m never wrong, I’m always right. Whatever I say, that’s it, point, no more.”

That year the 15-year-old Bulgarian beat Venus Williams at the French Open, but ended up ‘doing everything,’ in the new few years — piercing her tongue, getting an abortion, and receiving a two-year ban from the tour for taking anabolic steroids. Now the 28-year-old No. 228-ranked Bulgarian is in her first WTA draw since 2017.

“That’s a bit depressing, having in mind that I’ve been through so much,” she said of her 29th birthday in three days’ time. “I’m ranked around No. 225; that’s not the dream ranking for my age, but I keep reading all these mature books, self-help guides. They say that 29 is the best age for an athlete, so I’m still waiting for that energy to come through and my mojo to come back. I’m settled, though. I’m married and family life treats me good. Tennis is a game and it’s good that a lot of players realize that it’s not so live or die. Take it for the best it is, and if it doesn’t, life keeps moving.”

Matches to look for on Tuesday in Montreal include the Sharapova vs. Karatantcheva conclusion, (11) Jelena Ostapenko vs. Johanna Konta, (14) Elise Mertens vs. (WC) Genie Bouchard, (WC) Victoria Azarenka vs. Kristina Mladenovic, and (16) Naomi Osaka vs. (Q) Carla Suarez Navarro.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Aug Tue 07, 2018 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.