The Run to Asia
Who's got stamina???

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 Houston 125k (0) rex  Cahill leaves Halep (0) Ace2Ace  Kuzmova (3) Mytiwtiw
 SERENA, GQ (Woman) Of The...(0) Grossefavou  Fissette back with Azaren...(2) rex  NOVAK, New No.1. Incredib...(2) Grossefavou
 London ATP Masters PGame (2) Graveller  atp PG (2) Graveller  Final Summary '18-WTA-PGa...(26) CrossCourtB
 Pre-2019 Domination (1) Mytiwtiw  Zhuhai - mini-YEC (6) Graveller  PGame YEC - Sunday start (20) CrossCourtB
 SAFAROVA Retires (1) Mytiwtiw  Serena in Shape? (14) Pyotr  NAOMI Struggles With Pres...(6) Mytiwtiw
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » Montreal Main Draw Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 9:25 am       Montreal Main Draw
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2974

Simona Halep ROU [1]/Bye 
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova RUS vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Sorana Cirstea ROU 
Qualifier vs Venus Williams USA[13]

[12] Daria Kasatkina RUS vs Maria Sakkari GRE 
Maria Sharapova RUS vs Qualifier
Barbora Strycova CZE vs Magdalena Rybarikova SVK 
Bye/Caroline Garcia FRA [6]

Angelique Kerber GER [4]/Bye 
Tatjana Maria GER vs Alizé Cornet FRA 
Alison Van Uytvanck BEL vs Qualifier
Irina-Camelia Begu ROU vs Ashleigh Barty AUS [15]

Karolina Pliskova CZE [9] vs Katerina Siniakova CZE 
WC Carol Zhao CAN vs Kiki Bertens NED 
Ekaterina Makarova RUS vs Anett Kontaveit EST 
Bye/Petra Kvitova CZE [8]

Garbiñe Muguruza ESP [7]/Bye 
Aleksandra Krunic SRB vs Anastasija Sevastova LAT 
Qualifier  vs Daria Gavrilova AUS 
Timea Babos HUN vs Julia Goerges GER [10]

Naomi Osaka JPN [16] vs Qualifier
Lesia Tsurenko UKR vs Qualifier
WC Francoise Abanda CAN vs Qualifier
Bye/Sloane Stephens USA [3]

Elina Svitolina UKR [5]/Bye 
Qualifier vs Mihaela Buzarnescu ROU 
WC Victoria Azarenka BLR vs Kristina Mladenovic FRA 
Johanna Konta GBR vs Jelena Ostapenko LAT [11]

Elise Mertens BEL [14] vs WC Eugenie Bouchard CAN 
Shuai Zhang CHN vs Qualifier
Aryna Sabalenka BLR vs Qualifier
Bye/ Caroline Wozniacki DEN [2]

Looks like Serena will be taking a WC for Cincy....... She gets her nemesis, Alize Cornet, in the lst, Angie in the 2nd, if successful.

Last edited by rex on Aug Sat 04, 2018 9:40 am;
Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 9:32 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22380

Rex, Serena heard me. I said she should withdraw from Montreal and hit the practice court for Cinci.
Just heard she is out of this tournament.
Good decision.
Watching her in San Jose, it crossed my mind she might be pregnant. That whole emotional drama in that match was too much.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Sat 04, 2018 9:32 am;
Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 9:47 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2974

@ Ace2Ace:

Thank you for this info. From what I've learned she withdrew for "personal reasons". Naturally, speculation is running wild as to what those reasons are. Not clear if she'll take a WC for Cincy or maybe even New Haven (I'd like to see that, for it would do wonders for the gate) as prep for NY.

Pregnancy? Maybe..... By her appearance in San Jose I could see where some could arrive at the conclusion.......her torso is expanded. Yet, she'll make the revelation if she is determined to be. We'll see.....

She was replaced in the draw by Tatjana Maria.

Last edited by rex on Aug Sat 04, 2018 9:57 am;
Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 9:56 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22380

I didn't want to say it but since some people are talking about it, ....
If it's not true, let's get ready to get #24 at the USO. She needs get those serves going again. San Jose was miserable.
But thinking,.... why would she take a WC into San Jose if she knew she was pregnant? Makes no sense ... unless she found out the morning of her first match. hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Lady, have another baby, or go get #24 ... I like both options. Smile Smile Smile 23 slams is no small matter. That's plenty of slams. I don't see any of the current players winning half that many.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Sat 04, 2018 10:16 am;
Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 11:02 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2974

@ Ace2Ace:

You're speculating, Ace....., getting caught up in the gossip at the TF, I see. But, if she is, then it's career-ending, for she's not coming back and winning at age 38/39.....

Tennis-wise, losing by that bad score to Konta in San Jose, it appears that Serena needs more than just her serve. However, seeing that she reached the final at this year's Wimby, tho' her road to such final wasn't that difficult by competition (Rus, Tomova, the underachieving Mladenovic, Rodina, the still wild Giorgi, Julia G. (ok), then Angie, she can still do the same w/o even playing Cincy and/or New Haven, for she skipped Madrid and Rome prior to the French, ere withdrawing in the 4th rd to face 'Pova in Paris. Further, women's tennis remains unpredictable, for the top-10 is not formidable (9 out of the 10 couldn't get past the 3rd rd. at Wimby, the last one (Pliskova) couldn't get past the 4th rd) and inconsistent. It's still possible for Serena to win such event, tho', indeed that loss to Konta should give one pause....

Agreed, that as far as any of the current players accomplishing half of what Serena has done......please. No one's game is nearly that dominant with the closest one, Petra K., still inconsistent at age 28. Not happening for her, as much as I duly would like to see it.

I'm just seeing that the end of the road is near for Serena, as it already is for Venus, coupled with Roger now winding down, skipping clay seasons and certain Master K's, as they push on towards "40". Yet, remain hopeful for Serena to tie and pass Margaret. Would be nice for her and cap off an o/s career. Nevertheless, it's been great watching them these past 2 decades. We'll just have to wait and see how it'll end......

Last edited by rex on Aug Sat 04, 2018 11:06 am;
Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 11:53 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5008

Ree said if she got pregnant again, she'd retire.

Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 1:22 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22380

@ rex:
 Haven't even followed the gossip or anything at TF today. I went there looking for the draw.
But as I said earlier, it crossed my mind while watching her last  match. That's all.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Sat 04, 2018 3:30 pm;
Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 1:29 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5008

Given the complications of giving birth, she'd be mad to tempt fate again so soon.

Posted: Aug Sat 04, 2018 2:56 pm       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12555
LocationAntwerp - Belgium

My guess is that she has a bit of a mental tough time with combining tennis and motherhood... she came back a bit too early imo. Remember her tweet about missing her first steps? The first 4-5 months, babies sleep... after that, it really becomes exciting. And that period she started to practice full time so Serena was/is absent a lot...

Problem is that time is not on her side... unlike Clijsters, she cannot wait for 2-3 years...

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"
Posted: Aug Mon 06, 2018 11:40 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5008

Doper v Doper, Sharapova v Karatantcheva. To be fair, Karatantcheva was caught taking hard steroids at 15. Maria got away with it and was only found to have taken meldo.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Aug Mon 06, 2018 11:41 am;
Posted: Aug Mon 06, 2018 2:24 pm       Re:Montreal Main Draw
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2974

Gavrilova blew a 5-2 lead in the 3rd, to lose 7-5 to Lucie. Haven't watched her in a while, but I've remembered her being very competitive and feisty on the court. Watching her today that energetic competitiveness all but disappeared, at least in this match. DFs were extreme plus some moonballing......smh. Yet, she's 23 in the rankings, so I guess it was just one of those days.

Good for Lucie moving on, as well as enjoyed her taking pictures, giving towels away and signing balls with the fans after the match. Nice stuff.....

Posted: Aug Mon 06, 2018 4:11 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5008

So Vee rebounds for a win.

Posted: Aug Mon 06, 2018 4:27 pm       Re:Montreal Main Draw
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22380

@ rex:
Last time I watched her, she was heavier and shorter, spraying balls everywhere. Smile I think she's done. Was fun watching her drive opponents crazy with her never die attitude, bouncing around the court like she was on some high grade meldonium. lol lol lol 

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Mon 06, 2018 4:28 pm;
Posted: Aug Mon 06, 2018 4:32 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5008

The Russians all need a new 'formula'.

Posted: Aug Mon 06, 2018 4:33 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts5008

BTW, has Maria revealed her new heart and kidney tonic?

Page 1 of 3  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP ATP Finals

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google