[6] S. Williams - Konta
Kenin- [Q] Cepede V.
Kratzer- Riske
Bye - [4] Mertens

[5] Buzarnescu - Vickery
Wang - [Q] [Anisimova
Tomljanovic - [Q] Garcia-Perez
Bye - [2] Keys 
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Mon 30, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jul Sat 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Maria fled?

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jul Sun 29, 2018 3:12 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

You miss her?

If she was there, you would only enjoy her pesence in R1... after that, she’d be gone anyway...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 30, 2018 11:00 am

She could win her first 3 matches. Her biggest issue nowadays is stay healthy and win 4 matches in a row. Without Meldonium, it's painfully hard.
No Meldo, no game.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Mon 30, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 01, 2018 8:08 am

What? Not one word about the Serena match?
The lady was bad yesterday while Konta played sensational tennis.
I didn't pick my girl as uWP as usual. Because since Wimbledon, all the pictures I have seen are with her baby or husband or both. It's like since Wimbledon, she's done very little with tennis.
Last night she was Double faulting like an amateur. 7 DF for only 3 or 4 aces. She couldn't return. Couldn't keep the balls on court. Footwork was non existent. Movement was ok but speed was lacking.

Konta never let all that distract her. She was all business, winning 12 games in a row for a hidden double bagel. At the end of the match, there was nothing left for me to say: worse beatdown ever. And this is not the YEC, where she lost 6-0 6-2 to Halep but managed to get back and win the whole thing.

My bet is she will withdraw from Montreal and hit the practice court. But again, this is Serena. She could come back next week and play like the 23 Grand Slam champion.
I want to erase last night from my brain... :) :)
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:San Jose Draw and Results

Post by rex » Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:17 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#I couldn't/didn't watch the match last night for the streams went completely south (gave up after the lst 2 games, for it appears the streams were purposely throttled) and there was no tv coverage anywhere. From what I saw the place was packed (Serena brought in the house) and Serena held serve after it went to deuce. Johanna held....then that was it for me. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Woke up to a stunning score and it has given me pause for Serena's prospects for the USO, tho' I'll have a clear idea after she plays Montreal and, hopefully, Cincy, if she doesn't play well in Montreal. Physically, she looked way too heavy in that loud red dress, but she returned okay from what little I saw. She has to play Montreal after a performance like this with the option of Cincy, for she needs the match play, Ace. She can't walk into NY with most of the players having match prep playing at least 3 tourneys during the USO Open series prior to the event. One is asking for the impossible come New York......... Remind you that she turns "37" next month.... #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Aug Wed 01, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:24 am

I had no problem with the Russian stream.
And the match was also streamed on ESPN360 with better video as usual, the only channel to watch it here in the US. I can't imagine Halep playing a tournament in Romania and not seen on regular TV channel. But that's another story.

I didn't suggest she goes straight to US Open. My suggestion was to skip the Canadian tournament and hit the tennis court to get ready for Cinci.
Yesterday, after her first service game, she went away. She looked like someone who hasn't touched the racket in 2 years.

I want to believe that she has merely practiced after Wimbledon. And decided to take a WC into San Jose to play herself into form. Unfortunately her first round opponent was not the in the mood for practice.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:27 am

She only played well in her first service game.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#2nd service game: error. 2 DF. It was tragic. And it remained tragic all the way.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#"I know I can play a zillion times better so hat kind of helps out, too. I have so many things on my mind; I don't have time to be shocked about a loss that clearly wasn't at my best right now," Williams said. "When I was out there, was fighting. That's the only thing I can say. I wasn't just like giving it away and I was moving a lot better. So I'm just trying to take the positives out of#ed_op#br#ed_cl#it."#ed_op#br#ed_cl#...."I think she played well in the second set," Williams said. "I wasn't sharp at all in the first set and I think she got confident and clearly ran away with it."#ed_op#p#ed_cl##ed_op#iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oUTTWNE0N3Y" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#/iframe#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Aug Wed 01, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Wed 01, 2018 10:14 am

Man Sentenced for Killing Serena and Venus Williams' Sister Was Released This Year — Then Apparently Re-Arrested

The man whom authorities said fatally shot Serena and Venus Williams‘ older sister Yetunde Price in 2003 was released from prison earlier this year, after more than a decade behind bars, PEOPLE confirms.

However, it appears Robert Edwards Maxfield was re-arrested on Friday night in Compton, California, and remains in custody after allegedly violating his parole, according to Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials and jail records.

The nature of the alleged violation was unclear Tuesday night.

A spokesman with the state’s Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, who confirmed the release of the Maxfield in Price’s case, could not immediately say if it was the same Maxfield who was arrested in Compton.

The men in both cases share identical biographical information though, including age, name and race. Price was also killed in Compton.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Aug Wed 01, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:San Jose Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Aug Wed 01, 2018 11:41 am

Serena wrote:I know I can play a zillion times better so that kind of helps out, too. I have so many things on my mind; I don't have time to be shocked about a loss
What's on your mind lady? Your husband is mad at you?