The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 New York Maria’s “she’s b...(0) Mytiwtiw  2018 year of Maria Shara...(184) PeterSkan  MARIA’S bigger announceme...(5) Mytiwtiw
 CINCY Today (12) Grossefavou  Montreal Main Draw (43) Graveller  San Jose Draw and Results (25) CrossCourtB
 PGames Cincinnati (6) Graveller  Toronto Main Draw (3) Graveller  PGamers.....Montreal (3) CrossCourtB
 Overview of '18-WTA-PGame...(17) Graveller  Shuai PENG Banned (0) Grossefavou  DOPERS Face Off (4) Grossefavou
 2018 PredictionGame (29) Graveller  Mother Russia on Maria’s ...(2) Mytiwtiw  PGamers......Toronto (1) Perdida
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » All Tennis: Mixed » Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Loses Until He Retires Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 1:32 pm       Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Loses Until He Retires
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4895

I'll never root for him, ever.......!!!

Trump visit wouldn't rattle Serena at Wimbledon

London (AFP) - Serena Williams insists she wouldn't be concerned if US President Donald Trump made a surprise visit to see her play in the Wimbledon final.

Trump is set to arrive in the United Kingdom later this week for a four-day visit set to be marred by protests against the controversial American commander-in-chief.

Noted tennis fan Trump, who is to visit London, Windsor and Scotland, is not believed to be scheduled to attend any matches at Wimbledon at present.

But, with Williams through to the quarter-finals as she chases an eighth Wimbledon title, the 36-year-old American was asked how she would react if she made Saturday's final and the polarising Trump turned up at the All England Club.

"I feel like he has the right to do whatever he wants to do," Williams said after her fourth round win over Evgeniya Rodina on Monday.

"If he wants to come to a Wimbledon final, he has that right. I hope I'll be there.

"I still have a lot of matches to win. For me, I can't even think that far. I'm just thinking one at a time."

Serena's fellow American John Isner was more definitive than Williams, admitting he would love to have Trump in the crowd if he advances at Wimbledon.

Isner is through to the Wimbledon quarter-finals for the first time, where the ninth seed faces Canada's Milos Raonic on Wednesday.

The men's semi-finals are on Friday and the final is on Sunday.

"Certainly. I'd love to have Trump come watch me. That would be awesome," Isner said.

"Maybe I'll tweet at him if I win on Wednesday.

"I know a lot of people won't like that, but I don't care.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Mon 09, 2018 1:33 pm;
Posted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:02 pm       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12390
LocationAntwerp - Belgium

Trump at Wimbledon? When hell freezes... his ego could not deal with massive booing...

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"
Posted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:25 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

@ Graveller:

Quote:
Trump at Wimbledon? When hell freezes... his ego could not deal with massive booing...
I don't believe Wimbledon crowd would boo Trump. It's a sophisticated crowd, not the New York rowdy crowd. Smile
Trump would not dare show up at the US Open. lol lol lol. He knows Wimbledon crowd will just enjoy its tennis as if Trump never happened.

Serena has the right attitude. She is in London to try to win a tennis tournament, not to get involved with what Trump does or doesn't do.

You go girl !!! Let's not get distracted. #24 is 3 matches away. You can do it !!!!

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Mon 09, 2018 4:14 pm;
Posted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:30 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4895

Good, the tree is facing a Canadian next. Hope he gets chopped down to bits. Ironically, Trump would not be interested in Isner because he's not famous and has never won anything of note.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jul Mon 09, 2018 2:40 pm;
Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 3:43 am       
Pyotr
Junior

Joined28 Aug 2012
Posts230

Oh good grief!

An overused phrase among the American conservative, but too true. "This is why Trump won"!
The constant freaking out over things that shouldn't be. Trashing Isner for liking Trump? Was
any player trashed for liking Obama by the same people? I'm surprised Serena hasn't been
grilled for not taking the opportunity to bash Trump or disavow the times she met and been
friendly with him(hey, or even the pics she and Venus took with Reagan as children).

Simply nonsense!

Last edited by Pyotr on Jul Tue 10, 2018 3:45 am;
Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 8:28 am       
anishmitch
Senior

Joined18 Jan 2009
Posts557

@ Ace2Ace:

Wow, rowdy New York crowd.  Please name a time, say in the past twenty years when the US Open crowd has been rowdy.  During the times of McEnroe, Connors and Nastase, maybe, but the French Open crowd is much rowdier and demonstrative than the US Open crowd.  Move along with the times.  The US Open crowd is made up of some New Yorkers, but there are far more people visiting New York to see the matches and haven't been rowdy in some time.

Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 8:30 am       
anishmitch
Senior

Joined18 Jan 2009
Posts557

@ Pyotr:

You may want to check into political definitions?  Please name any, any tennis players that gushed over Obama.  As they used to say in school, the empty set, because the WS are Jehovah's Witnesses and most other players said nothing.

Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:04 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4895

Drake, Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel star on Centre Court.

Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:13 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

@ anishmitch:
Screaming, yelling, even in between 1st and 2nd serve... That doesn't happen at Wimbledon. At the French Open? yes.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:14 pm;
Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:21 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4895

@ Ace2Ace:

Plus there might be a kiss cam. Horrors!!!!

Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 2:26 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

@ Grossefavourite:
have no idea what you are talking about. Who is kissing who? Trump and Hillary? 

Posted: Jul Tue 10, 2018 11:09 pm       
Pyotr
Junior

Joined28 Aug 2012
Posts230

@anishmitch

Did I use the word 'gushing'? No. You did. Were other players questioned about Obama
like Trump because of a rabid elitist media hatred for the man? No. So stop the nonsense.

Last edited by Pyotr on Jul Tue 10, 2018 11:10 pm;
Posted: Jul Wed 11, 2018 9:57 am       Re:Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Loses Until He Retires
Joylan1
Regular

Joined04 Aug 2011
Posts91

Lets not forget Trump is a big supporter of the WTA, he was part of their strong is feminine campaign. It's very hypocritical of women tennis to not atleast acknowledge his support..

Posted: Jul Wed 11, 2018 10:16 am       Re:Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Loses Until He Retires
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4895

@ Joylan1:

Trump saying that Serena lost the Wimbledon final to Maria in 2004 because she was intimidated by Maria's 'alluring shoulders and supermodel looks' does not spell feminism support to me. Serena was forced to respond to his remarks at the French this year right before she was scheduled to play Maria.

Posted: Jul Wed 11, 2018 10:25 am       Re:Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Loses Until He Retires
Joylan1
Regular

Joined04 Aug 2011
Posts91

He still supported women tennis.

Page 1 of 8  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Cincinnati

WTA Cincinnati

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics