horrible officiating!!

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Skilletsauce
Junior
Junior
horrible officiating!!

Post by Skilletsauce » Jul Sat 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Most unbelievably bad officiating I've ever seen. During the Novak vs Edmond match, with Edmond serving at 3 all fourth set, Novak hits a drop volley which Edmond chases down but the ball bounces twice before going over the net and landing out across the court. The replay shows the ball bouncing twice but the chair doesn't see it and the point goes to Edmond!! To make matters worse Edmond hits the net after chasing down Novak's drop volley and should have lost the point 3 times!!! Novak was arguing the shot with the chair that he didn't even challenge the shot which landed out!! The commentators were all in shock and disbelief as was I. I couldn't believe my eyes. And Edmond should've relinquished the point knowing he didn't get to the ball before the 2nd bounce.

The point would've given Novak 15-40 and two break points, but it goes to Edmond and it's 30 all instead. Edmond then goes on to win the game and take a 4-3 lead.
Last edited by Skilletsauce on Jul Sat 07, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Sat 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Well, Djokovic won anyway, hurting a few Skan teams with Edmund out.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jul Sat 07, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.