The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 New York Maria’s “she’s b...(0) Mytiwtiw  2018 year of Maria Shara...(184) PeterSkan  MARIA’S bigger announceme...(5) Mytiwtiw
 CINCY Today (12) Grossefavou  Montreal Main Draw (43) Graveller  San Jose Draw and Results (25) CrossCourtB
 PGames Cincinnati (6) Graveller  Toronto Main Draw (3) Graveller  PGamers.....Montreal (3) CrossCourtB
 Overview of '18-WTA-PGame...(17) Graveller  Shuai PENG Banned (0) Grossefavou  DOPERS Face Off (4) Grossefavou
 2018 PredictionGame (29) Graveller  Mother Russia on Maria’s ...(2) Mytiwtiw  PGamers......Toronto (1) Perdida
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » ATP Prediction Games » Error in Antalya score? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 3:07 am       Error in Antalya score?
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12391
LocationAntwerp - Belgium

Several participants have default scores that give a win for Vesely and Basilasvili, but do not receive any points for those....

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 7:31 am       Re:Error in Antalya score?
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2931

No error in point tally. The gamers that didn't get default score points (hate this garbage) didn't submit timely when the bottom half of the tourney began on Tuesday morning when Basilasvili's match began at 9:00 a.m. Midwest stateside. A few gamers had not submitted their predictions for the event 'til later in the day. Therefore, their default scores would not be earned.

Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:25 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12391

Not following.. if you submit in time, you obviously have no defaults anymore... the default was there for the first round for those who did not submit in time...

So when you say: defaults are not earned because they did not submit in time... who on earn would ever submit defaults in time? Smile

Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:36 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

All scores (default or not) are recorded as participants submit anything (fmKO, uWP, etc ).
So those 4-0 4-0 scores count. They are available for early round only, as a compromise after an open discussion we had here. The reason we made them 4-0 4-0 was to avoid giving free bonuses.
Default score used to be 6-0 6-0; but that's a legitimate score and could result in a bonus.
So yes, if someone had default scores 4-0 4-0 for those 2 matches, he/she earned 2 points.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:52 am;
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 9:57 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2931

@ Graveller:

Apparently, there is a misunderstanding here about crediting default score(s), for I see you gave yourself, Wannadoo and Anishmitch credit for their default score, tho' the bottom half was closed, as the bottom half commenced earlier on Tuesday. Pyotr got credit for his default score for his two predictions due to the fact that he made a selection for the uWP on the day I began the draw for the event in Turkey on Friday, June 22. Even though he had not timely completed the bottom half of the draw, the matches that came up in the grid for him on June 22nd were there as the round of 16 commenced on June 26th and were eligible to be credited as default score wins. I didn't select anyone on June 22nd, therefore, whatever matches comes up in the game grid, even if not predicted and submitted will get credit once the round of 16 commences, not "after" such. Once a section of the draw commences and is closed, no credit is to be given for a score submitted late or not (matches listed on the grid for a gamer but not predicted). This is my understanding here. As you know, I'm clearly not a proponent for default credits anyway, for if you don't submit your predictions timely, you don't get credit. But, this nonsense here is a form of cheating, imo, and I'm not liking this at all.

Last edited by rex on Jun Thu 28, 2018 1:38 pm;
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:06 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

@ rex:
I agree there is a misunderstanding. I'll try to explain.
Default score are time independent. Which means if you go to the page at the beginning of the tournament, enter an fmKO or uWP and click Submit, all the scores(default or not) on the board are recorded as long as the rounds are open for prediction. Default scores will earn points later, after these particular rounds are closed.
I think that's where the misunderstanding lies.

Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:09 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12391

@ rex:

I see, but it make no sense to me... So only because he picked a uWP, he gets defaults? And those who didn't, don get them?

Maybe we should indeed abolish the default - no more discussion possible.

Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:10 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2931

@ Ace2Ace:

So, a gamer gets credit "for submitting nothing" timely or not, is that it? This is BS......

Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:12 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

Default scores are just that.
Suppose you go post your fmKO. and also fill in all your scores (From starting round to the Final) as place holders. Those scores are as valid as the default scores.
So if you only select a fmKO, we don't erase all your scores thinking we don't know the match-ups yet. It doesn't matter if you know the players or not. You are free to enter scores for any match or leave your default scores standing.
And I a compromise after the discussion about Default or no Default scores, we decided to only have those for R16. There are no Default scores for QF, SF and Final.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:16 am;
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:18 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2931

@ Ace2Ace:

How is a default score "equitable" when a gamer doesn't even play the game and still gets credit? Where is the equity? 

Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:19 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

@ rex:
Quote:
So, a gamer gets credit "for submitting nothing" 
No way.
You have to submit something to have any record in the database for that particular tournament.
There were bunch of ATP events for which I had 0 points because I didn't submit anything.
This year, I am trying to avoid those o points. So I make sure to go in and click Submit, even if I don't select fmKO.

If you don't hit "Submit" for a tournament, you don't get any point because you have no record for that tournament. Only the "Submit" button creates a record.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:22 am;
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:27 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

Long time ago, we used to automatically enter in every tournament anyone that ever participated in the PDGame. That was resulting in giving points to people who were not here for weeks or months at a time. They were getting guaranteed default points at every tournament.

We stopped doing that 4, 5 years ago. I don't remember.. it's been a while.
If you don't submit anything for a tournament, you get 0 point for that tournament. Default scores or not. Doesn't matter. There is no record for you in the database for that tournament. You didn't participate.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:30 am;
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:33 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2931

@ Graveller:

Quote:
I see, but it make no sense to me... So only because he picked a uWP, he gets defaults? And those who didn't, don get them?

Maybe we should indeed abolish the default - no more discussion possible.

The whole default score credit makes "zero" sense to me. Re Pyotr, it's not that he selected a uWP, is that he played the game w or w/o selecting such that default matches for the Round of 16 will pop up on the grid for him. Whether it's 7 or 8 matches or sometimes less, depends on the gamer it seems and I don't know why this pops up on the grid in that fashion, those matches listed will be the default matches with 4-0 scores for a gamer who doesn't timely submit his predictions for the Round of 16, or doesn't submit timely before the section of the draw is closed after it commences. If the player listed on the grid is a winner, then the default score credit is for that gamer. Don't like this, but this is the compromise from my understanding here.

If a gamer doesn't submit at all, why should he or she be given credit for not playing at all? This makes no sense.....

Last edited by rex on Jun Wed 27, 2018 2:06 pm;
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:42 am       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2931

@ Ace2Ace:

Quote:
No way.
You have to submit something to have any record in the database for that particular tournament.
There were bunch of ATP events for which I had 0 points because I didn't submit anything.
This year, I am trying to avoid those o points. So I make sure to go in and click Submit, even if I don't select fmKO.

If you don't hit "Submit" for a tournament, you don't get any point because you have no record for that tournament. Only the "Submit" button creates a record.

No disagreement here, for the game is set up this way. Once the game is started, all the gamer has to do is hit "submit" w/o having selected a winner or a lst match loser and the Round of 16 player grid for that gamer will pop up with matches listed as 4-0 scores for players in the draw, the default match. Thus, if the gamer doesn't play the Round of 16 at all, he still has a listing in the Round of 16 and will get credit for the default score if the player wins. I get it.

However, if the gamer has not even played the game, but starts, like Graveller on the 27th, for matches completed Tuesday morning stateside on the 26th, why is he getting credit for default scores on the 26th when he submitted a day late, or later in the day on the 26th like Anismitch and Wannadoo?

Last edited by rex on Jun Wed 27, 2018 1:58 pm;
Posted: Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:47 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22210

ok..
tournament starts. you log on the submit page. Enter all your scores (or some scores) all the way to the Final or you leave them as default. You may NOT even enter any scores.. just happy with the default scores..
You click "Submit".
After that, you can go on vacation to St Helene Smile Smile. You met the deadline for every round, whether the scores are default or not.
That's what I am trying to explain.
If you don't do that, if you never submitted anything, you get 0 points for the tournament. Example, Sekasi. Smile

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Wed 27, 2018 10:53 am;
  Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Winston Salem
ATP Cincinnati

WTA New Haven
WTA Cincinnati

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google