(8)Giorgi v Jakupovic
Frech v (Q)Zheng
Watson v (Q)Lao
Nara v (4)Konta

(6)Vekic v (wc)Taylor
Lapko v Fett
Barthel v (Q)Swan
(Q)Ruse v (2)Rybarikova

Naturally, Naomi is lst up at 6:00 a.m. Midwest stateside playing the main court.....

http://wtafiles.wtatennis.com/pdf/draws ... 080/OP.pdf
Last edited by rex on Jun Sun 10, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Sun 10, 2018 3:55 pm

And where is Taylor? Back home waiting for Wimbledon? :)

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Osaka should do well here... giving her support by selecting her as uWP
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:43 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Re Taylor, don't know, for WTT doesn't start 'til July and she's not on the entry lists for Mallorca, Birmingham and Eastbourne. However, maybe she's playing qualies, for those lists are not posted, as yet. If she's not playing any event up to Wimby, not saying a lot for her.  Yet, she's currently overranked at 73rd anyway, for her ranking points are coming from ITF events and at 22 may be just a career ITF player, tho' enabling her to earn enough ranking points to qualify for Cincy and the USO in the summer, while playing her beloved WTT in July and August.  #ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Rolleyes/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Yet, the same holds for Aiava. After playing the 100k at Surbiton, she's not on the acceptance list for the last 3 100k's in Britain (Manchester, Ilkey and the Southseas event, the latter lacking a qualifying draw prior to Wimby). It appears Taylor and Destanee are joined at the hip in the area of  player mismanagement. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:50 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Thought about Naomi for the PGame, as well. However, Vickery gave her a tough match at IW and Kristie Ahn (her next opponent if she gets by Allertova and who dominated Naomi at Nottingham last year 6-1 6-1) gave me pause, in addition to Konta being in this draw who Naomi can't beat. So, I left it alone..... #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jun Sun 10, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 11, 2018 9:17 am

I think Aiava and Taylor don't have anyone to plan their trips.
Tayor basically plays small home events. She is local ITF.
Taylor just made at $80K in France. You would think she would head to England to play a couple of tournaments. She's got the money to pay for it.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Mon 11, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Mon 11, 2018 9:35 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#rex#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# I feared for a moment that you were on-the-spot with your Vickery-remark but Naomi came back from a 0-1 in set by winning the next two rather comfortably (6-1 6-2).#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Now with a first grass-win under her belt + a day of resting tomorrow, I hope that she found the winning flow for the rest of this week. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Mon 11, 2018 9:51 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Watched Naomi's match this morning. Don't get caught up by the 2nd and 3rd set scores, for there were a ton of deuce games in those sets. Naomi just won game point in tiebreaks. It was a close match. Naomi was unimpressive while winning today. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Mon 11, 2018 10:08 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Ace2Ace#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
I think Aiava and Taylor don't have anyone to plan their trips. Tayor basically plays small home events. She is local ITF.
Taylor just made at $80K in France. You would think she would head to England to play a couple of tournaments. She's got the money to pay for it.
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Re Taylor, as stated earlier, maybe she's in qualifying for Mallorca, Birmingham or Eastbourne prior to Wimby. If not, coupled with skipping the 4 ITF 100ks in England prior to Wimby doesn't say a lot for her and her coach, who is likely planning her schedule.  #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Same for Destanee, who is currently ranked 198th. Given her low ranking and now being off tourney restrictions at age 18, only playing one of the 100ks in England doesn't make sense either. She has a coach, who is likely doing the same as DY's dad is doing for Taylor in planning her schedule for events. #ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 11, 2018 10:41 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>
I was just highlighting how inefficient whoever takes care of the schedule is.