The Grass is always
Green at Wimbledon !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 YIKES, Hingis Marries Aga...(0) Grossefavou  2018 ITF General talks (68) Ace2Ace  ROJAY Weeps, Inconsolable (5) Grossefavou
 WTA Moscow 2018 (1) Ace2Ace  SERENA'S Match Delayed. W...(12) Ace2Ace  Wimbledon WTA Draw (47) Ace2Ace
 WHO Is Alexis Castorri? (4) Grossefavou  MOVAK, Kerber Linked (0) Grossefavou  SERENA 449th In The World (11) Ace2Ace
 USO Prize Money for 2018 (4) Graveller  Ladies' Final (10) Ace2Ace  Players' interviews, etc (13) Grossefavou
 SERENA Choked? (7) Ace2Ace  Hope Trump-Lover ISNER Lo...(118) djmm1962  Finally, Serena (4) Ace2Ace
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » Live Draw.....Paris ladies Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 12:35 pm       Live Draw.....Paris ladies
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22168

[1]Halep v Riske
[wc]Georges v [wc]Townsend
Mattek-Sands v Larsson
Petkovic v [29]Mladenovic
[24]Gavrilova v Cirstea
Pera v Vesnina
Watson v Dodin
Lepchenko v [16]Mertens

[12]Kerber v Barthel
Bogdan v Vondrousova
Sasnovich v Allertova
Sabalenka v [18]Bertens
[27]Zhang v Kucova
Begu v Schmiedlova
Peng v Krunic
Duan v [7]Garcia
----------
[3]Muguruza v Kuznetsova
[wc]Ferro v Witthoeft
Stosur v Wickmayer
Hercog v [30]Pavlyuchenkova
[19]Rybarikova v Kumkhum
Bencic v [Q]D. Chiesa
Tsurenko v Voegele
Siegemund v [15]Vandeweghe

[11]J. Goerges v Cibulkova
Van Uytvanck v [wc] I. Wallace
Kr.Pliskova v S.Williams
Vikhlyantseva v [17]Barty
[28]Sharapova v [Q]R. Hogenkamp
Bondarenko v Vekic
Safarova v [wc]Ponchet
[Q]B. Krejcikova  v [6]Ka. Pliskova

------- Bottom Half ----------

[5]Ostapenko v Kozlova
Siniakova v Azarenka
Zheng v Makarova
Nara v [26]Strycova
[22]Konta v Putintseva
Brady v [wc]Hesse
Martic v Y.Wang
Q. Wang v [9]V.Williams

[13]Keys v Vickery
[Q]C. Dolehide  v [Q]V. Golubic
Linette v Diyas
Kenin v [21]Osaka
[31]Buzarnescu v King
[Q]R. Peterson  v Hsieh
[Q]F. Schiavone  v Kuzmova
Tomljanovic v [4]Svitolina
----------
[8]Kvitova v Cepede Royg
Arruabarrena v Babos
[Q]A.Dulgheru  v McHale
Brengle v [25]Kontaveit
[20]Sevastova v [Q]M. Duque-Marino
Giorgi v [Q]G. Min
[Q]M. Frech v Alexandrova
[Q]A. Rus  v [10]Stephens

[14]Kasatkina v Kanepi
Maria v Flipkens
Minella v Sakkari
Konjuh v [23]Suarez Navarro
[32]Cornet v Errani
[wc]Paquet v [wc]Parmentier
[LL]Jakupovic [Q][Q]G. Garcia Perez
Collins v [2]Wozniacki

Qualies placed......

Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Sat 26, 2018 9:44 am;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 12:44 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4851

Your darling Collins plays my darling Wozniacki.

Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 12:45 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4851

So they're hoping this is Maria's chance to beat Serena early? Well, the only time MS has managed to defeat SW was in 2004 when Ree was returning from knee surgery and a long layoff.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on May Thu 24, 2018 1:00 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 1:51 pm       Re:Live Draw.....Paris ladies
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2903

Simona has a 'walk to the semis, no excuse not to get there, save for injury. However, the rest of the draw is somewhat murky, evenly spread out with some potentially interesting matchups down the road.

The toughest section for me by name is Ostapenko's, featuring Venus, Vika, Konta, Zheng, Siniakova, and Q. Wang amongst others. However, Vika is still not up to snuff and Venus is past her prime and can lose to Q. Wang in the lst. Makarova has a history, but lately is mostly cannon fodder. Jelena can hit herself into a loss easy, so a repeat of her French is not likely. A potential 2nd rder with Vika is interesting, tho'. A lot of good names in this section of the draw, but the quality of play is in question for some.

Serena can get by Kris. However, she hasn't played since Miami and was spraying at both IW and Miami. Kris can dictate with her serve, but she's clearly exploitable movement wise. Can Serena take advantage of that, while finding rhythm in her own game and serve? Down the road is a potential match-up with Pova', who has a potential dust-up with Karolina P. beforehand. Questions......

Looking forward to a potential 2nd rder between Kuzmova and Svitolina. No expectations for the just-turned 20 year old, just wanting to see how she matches-up with Elina. Elina's road, as well, is not an easy one in her section. Picking her to get through such, nevertheless....

Elated that, save for Petra M. v Yafan Wang, that none of my faves are facing each other in the lst and they all have winnable lst rders. Good to see at least and good to see Bencic and Ana Konjuh returning from injury hiatuses, tho' Ana facing Navarro is a difficult task, Belinda with a qualie....

Overall.....like this draw for a change, no complaints.....

Last edited by rex on May Thu 24, 2018 2:01 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 1:57 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22168

I had this conspiracy in my head that Serena was either going to face Venus or Sharapova early.
Didn't want to say it until the midnight computer draw comes out. Smile Smile

Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:06 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:05 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22168

Kuzmova should do everything in her power to defeat the Qualifier in R1. She is better than most of those Qualifiers.

After that, she gets most likely Svitolina. That's a huge problem and here is why: lol lol
1- Kumova goes for lots of winners. But Svitolina will bring most of them back. Svitolina is a wall.
2- Kuzmova hits lots of errors to go with her winners. But with Svitolina blocking everything, she'll have more balls to hit. Which could generate more Errors than winners. There will be no compensation because Svitolina is not going to give her bunch of Errors back.
3- Svitolina can hit some winners too. She's been trying to finish points instead of just pushing balls back like she used to do.

Conclusion: I will be surprised if Kuzmova wins more than 4 games against Svitolina. It's a bad match-up. Kuz needed someone that also makes lots of errors. And that is not Svitolina.
Would be elated if she could take out Svitolina... Don't think it's gonna happen this time around, specially on clay.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:09 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:13 pm       Re:Live Draw.....Paris ladies
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22168

@ rex:

Quote:
Good to see at least and good to see Bencic and Ana Konjuh returning from injury hiatuses, tho' Ana facing Navarro is a difficult task, Belinda with a qualie....
I think those 2 are in the draw to get their $40K paychecks. They are not in tennis form but are ranked high enough to be in the main draw. So unless one is lying in a hospital bed, showing up makes all sense.
Same for Safarova.
$40k is a lot of money for 1 match.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:36 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:18 pm       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2903

@ Ace2Ace:

Not expecting Viktoria to win either, if she and Elina meet. However, unlike Osaka, Viktoria does not stay rooted to the baseline, does know how to point construct and "will go forward" to the net to put away a volley after nailing a shot to the corners, in addition to having a more than decent serve and finishing from either side from the baseline, like Naomi. She does make errors tho' and has lapses at times on returns, just stands there and watches. However, those are minor occurrences, which I just attribute to youth. I'm looking at Viktoria winning more than 4 games, but not prevailing, as stated. Hope they meet......

Btw, have you noticed the change in clay surfaces lately? Said this a couple of years ago watching Petra K. and Serena at Madrid, where clay is practically playing like hardcourts. You don't see players sliding like you use to and balls are moving faster through the courts, while in the past players slid profusely and a player's ground game was like hitting through mud, reason why stateside players (men specifically) couldn't stand clay, held up their ground game and the footing was slippery..

Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:19 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4851

With Serena's return, Svitolina can now hide away a bit and avoid the full weight of being the favorite.

Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:21 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4851

Have Ree/MS ever played each other on clay?

Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:26 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22168

@ rex:

Quote:
She does make errors tho' and has lapses at times on returns, just stands there and watches
the lapses are not just on returns.. When she is spraying, it's all over the court: returns, backhands, forehands, serves; everything sales long; the court becomes too small. Smile Smile
The good thing is, she can stop doing that. Sometimes it's too late. She is not like Giorgi. When Giorgi is spraying, there is no stop sign anywhere. lol lol

Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:27 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:28 pm       Re:Live Draw.....Paris ladies
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2903

@ Ace2Ace:

Quote:
I think those 2 are in the draw to get their $40K paychecks. They are not in tennis form but are ranked high enough to be in the main draw. So unless one is lying on a hospital bed, showing up makes all sense. Same for Safarova. $40k is a lot of money for 1 match.

Don't disagree here as I realize how difficult it is to earning a living playing tennis. Your biggest payouts come at the Slams, 40k is more than what a player earns winning an international event on the Tour, playing 5 matches. At least I saw Ana K. on the practice court recently after surgery, but haven't seen Belinda do any tennis-related activity. So, they'll play, go through the motions and get paid..... I understand and don't blame them....

Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:31 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22168

@ Grossefavourite:
 yes.. remember when they started calling Sharapova Queen of Clay while Serena was not around.
Serena came back and stopped her cold. Pova couldn't win a clay event. Serena was the one winning the Clay tournaments; defeated her in French Open too.
I was asking why Serena was not crowned Queen of Clay.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:37 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:33 pm       Re:Live Draw.....Paris ladies
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts22168

@ rex:
 No.. I don't blame them either.. If I were in that situation, I'd show up to grab my well deserved paycheck too. Of course.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on May Thu 24, 2018 2:35 pm;
Posted: May Thu 24, 2018 2:33 pm       
rex
Commish

Joined04 Jun 2006
Posts2903

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Quote:
the lapses are not just on returns.. When she is spraying, it's all over the court: returns, backhands, forehands, serves; everything sales long; the court becomes too small. Smile Smile
The good thing is, she can stop doing that. Sometimes it's too late. She is not like Giorgi. When Giorgi is spraying, there is no stop sign anywhere. lol lol

However, Viktoria is not reckless, have not seen her play a ragged match. There are just some lapses at this point that she can clearly play and mature out of. Not a finished product at this point. However, if she's still playing recklessly like Kvitova at age 27, then there is a point of concern. Give her a chance to grow up...... Wink

Last edited by rex on May Fri 25, 2018 7:42 pm;
  Page 1 of 3  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Gstaad
ATP Hamburg
ATP Atlanta

WTA Moscow
WTA Nanchang

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google