Tournaments this week

SERENA'S Injury Report

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
SERENA'S Injury Report

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Tue 05, 2018 2:40 pm

A day after pulling out of the French Open through injury, Serena Williams has hinted at a positive prognosis from her doctor.

Updated at 9:05 a.m. ET

Serena Williams has revealed the news from her initial doctor's examination was "super exciting" after she was forced to pull out of the French Open.

"So today has been interesting already," she said Tuesday. "I just finished one exam with one doctor and the news was actually super exciting so I'm really happy about that."

The 23-time grand slam champion had been scheduled to take on familiar foe Maria Sharapova in the fourth round at Roland Garros on Monday, only to withdraw with a pectoral problem that had left her physically unable to serve.

Williams' appearance in Paris was her first at a major since winning the 2017 Australian Open, after which the 36-year-old took time out of the game to give birth to her first child.

Her withdrawal in the French capital raised fears that she may not recover in time for Wimbledon, which gets under way on July 2, but Williams posted a video to her Instagram story on Tuesday which indicated the early prognosis from medical staff was promising.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Please, if you are able to hit a tennis ball without pain in 3 weeks, stay out of Wimbledon Doubles.
That's All I will ask for, dear Serena.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Tue 05, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Tue 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Lesson learnt I think. You can't be too careful upon returning from a long layoff.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 05, 2018 3:11 pm

I hope so. This French Open was for her in my opinion.
Still p.o. lol lol lol..
She was playing so well I can't get over this particular injury.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Tue 05, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Tue 05, 2018 3:16 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

I think she over-trained the serve, expecting to rely heavily on it as she rounded into shape in the other areas of her game. Then again, it's hard imagining how you hurt your pecs thru serving. Bench pressing?
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jun Tue 05, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:SERENA'S Injury Report

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 05, 2018 5:17 pm

"...
Serena Williams withdrew prior to her blockbuster match with Maria Sharapova, citing a pectoral muscle pull.
“I’ve unfortunately been having issues with my pec muscle and unfortunately it’s been getting worse,” Williams told reporters. “Right now, I can’t actually serve so it’s actually hard to play when I can’t physically serve.”

Which causes one to ask: if Serena was easing her way back in, why did she play doubles also? Did she want to play mixed too?
..."

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2018-06-04/28399.php

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Thu 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Serena Williams Is Told to Rest, but Should Be Ready for Wimbledon, Her Coach Says

June 7, 2018

PARIS — Serena Williams, who withdrew from the French Open before her fourth-round match with Maria Sharapova because of pain in her right pectoral muscle, is expected to play Wimbledon, her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, said.

In an interview on Thursday at Roland Garros, Mouratoglou said Williams had been told to “rest for 15 days” before returning to action.

“It’s a muscular injury, and if she had continued here, it would probably have become a tear,” Mouratoglou said. “So in 15 days, it should normally be healed, and she will be able to play again.”

Williams, 36, has won seven singles titles at Wimbledon and, if healthy, will be among the favorites on the grass courts of the All England Club. Officials there will have to decide whether to give her a seeding even though her current ranking, No. 451, is a long way from the top 32.

Mouratoglou said Williams would return to the United States before coming back to Europe to train at his academy in southern France. She will arrive in London the week before Wimbledon, which begins on July 2.

Mouratoglou expressed displeasure that Williams, who had not played a Grand Slam tournament in 16 months and had not played any tournament since March, chose to play doubles as well as singles at the French Open.

She and her sister Venus were beaten in the third round, a match Williams played despite experiencing pain in her pectoral muscle when serving the day before in her third-round singles victory over Julia Görges.

In Mouratoglou’s view, the double duty contributed to her risk of injury in Paris.

Will she play doubles at Wimbledon, too?

“If she does, the same thing to me again, it’s incredible,” he said. “Normally no and with the discussion we had afterward, it’s impossible. But with her, you never know. She’s unpredictable.”
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jun Thu 07, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 07, 2018 6:01 pm

I can see Patrick is p.o about Serena playing Doubles here too.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#That was a stupid decision that cost her a slam she could have easily won. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#“If she does, the same thing to me again, it’s incredible.” So it's true what I heard. Serena didn't tell him she was signing up Doubles. That was between her and her sister.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 07, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Jun Thu 07, 2018 6:16 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Maybe bcoz Serena is an adult &#129315;&#129315;&#129315;

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Thu 07, 2018 7:09 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#sekasi#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp;So why does she have a team if she is going to make those kinds of serious decisions alone? Is she Trump who writes tweets at 2 AM without his team's consent?#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#At least let&nbsp; your team know even if you are the one that makes the final decision. Patrick would have said no and give his reasons. Then could go ahead and do it anyway.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Thu 07, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.