Tournaments this week

Wednesday tennis in Paris

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Wednesday tennis in Paris

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 7:37 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Can anyone explain to me HOW Sharapova ever won two slams in Paris (apart from the 'obvious' preparation)?#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Compare her with the game we saw from Stephens and Kasatkina yesterday, and she is 3rd tier (even less)#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Get past her first serve, and you win the point. She runs to the ball, she does not slide... she whacks, she does not know anything else...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Hit once to the left, once to the right, and she is completely out of position. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#She tried a dropshot in the third game. Garbine had time to walk to the side, Have a coffee, and then go back to hit the winner... :-) :-)#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#That 3-0 double-break lead for Garbine atm is so well-deserved.... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# 

#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 7:39 am

4-0... it ended with her second, even more hilarious dropshot... hahahahahaha... it barely hit the bottom part of the net...

That women REALLY is so one-dimensional... can'( slide, can't slice, can't dropshot.

But to be fair, she can shriek like no other.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 7:49 am

5-1 Garbine...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I am just looking at Maria's footwork, and she REALLY can't slide... she tripples, makes jumps to slow down, tries the weirdest movements to stop, but never slides properly.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#she tried to dropshot Garbine (angain), the latter runs, slides for 1-2 meters and responds with dropshot too, Maria runs, hits the ball (out, of course) but does not slide but stumbles afterwards to slow down. I cannot describe it differently. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gonna focus the rest of the match on her 'slide'... should be fun.
Last edited by Graveller on Jun Wed 06, 2018 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:01 am

Garbine 6-2 *1-0.... Breaking the "cow on ice" right at the start...

Halep (following the scoreboard) came back from 0-4 down to 6-6 TB....

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re:Wednesday tennis in Paris

Post by sekasi » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:07 am

Your commentary 🤣🤣🤣. Pliskova must me be kicking herself for that loss.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:08 am

Kerber takes the TB (switched over to see that one): pretty high standard from both.
Assuming that Garbine wins today, I coolf not predict who would be in the final: Halep, Kerber of Muguruza.

Garbine still leading with a break 6-2 *2-1

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:11 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#sekasi#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Well, I only report what I see. I don't thin k that I am exaggerating at all...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Her footwork gives me the creeps: it seems she rolls her ankle all the time, but apparently it is a "good" way to stop on clay.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#6-2 3-1... three more games, garbine!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:15 am

And the domination continues, Mytiwtiw... well, Maria getting dominated, that is..

Garbine with the double break in the second: 6-2 *4-1.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:18 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Thanks for the commentary. I wasn’t sure what Mugu would show up.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:23 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>

She is. She said it's her worse loss of the year and is so disgusted, she needs to get away from tennis for awhile, suggesting that W might be a pass (doubt it though).