RG Tuesday action

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish
RG Tuesday action

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:15 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Zverev in trouble...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Obvious injury at the back of his leg.... not going to end this match imo....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:18 am

Keys escaped in the first set... Putintseva served for the set at 5-4...

actually, when she was leading 3-5 and 0-15 on the Keys serve, the body language of Madison looked so bad.. expected Yulia to break her again.

Keys kept on fighting and took it in the TB.

An OK-match... Ptintseva leading 3-2 in the second (but watching ATP now)
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:19 am

Zverev had a MTO, and his left upper leg is packed....

pointless vs Thiem on clay. Nothing to gain here, only risking to make it worse.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:23 am

Thiem so fast on clay.... 6-4 5-1.... you can see Zverev considering to retire from this match.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Thiem is imo the only one who can stop Nadal... should have picked him in my Skan: he won already twice vs Rafa on clay....
Last edited by Graveller on Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:29 am

And Thiem with an easy love-game to take Set #2: 6-4 6-2...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Just in time to see Keys serving for the match 7-6 *5-4... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Edit: and Keys into the SF 7-6 6-4#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Now waiting for  Stephens vs Kasatkina, and in the mean time watching how Thiem makes an end to Zverev's suffering; already a break up in the third set. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:44 am

6-4 6-2 4-0*.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Zverev will have to try hard to avoid a bagel....I cannot see him break Thiem, so he will have to hold his next service game...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#But it is clear that this would have been a super-match if both had been healthy.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Edit: Zverev was 15-40 down, saved the two BPs, then saved another one, and got the game... 4-1... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#A game for the record books (it won't make a difference).#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Jun Tue 05, 2018 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Tue 05, 2018 9:07 am

Oh, boy, this result was inevitable.
I wonder if Dominic will have to respond to Trump's claim that he's intimidated by Alex's alluring shoulders and supermodel looks?

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Tue 05, 2018 9:09 am

6-4 6-2 6-1 Thiem...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#But that could have been finsished 10 minutes earlier.... Thiem started to play to the middle all the time; Zverev did not have to move at all... which is a stupid thing to do if you have an opponent with a leg injury. Thiem was just counting on Zverev making errors, becoming way too passive. Zverev took initiative inn most rallies, and showed a lot. If he had not been injured, he coudl have won this one for sure. He even got BP on Thiems' serve in the end.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#OK; now waiting for my main match of the day: Stephens vs Kasatkina.#ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Tue 05, 2018 9:15 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>
 I think I dislike them equally, perhaps a slight edge to Sloanie for her crimes against Serena.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Tue 05, 2018 9:20 am

While waiting for the ladies the other day, I watched Cecchinato and ... this guy is good.
I went immediately to my PDGame and changed my prediction for him against Djokovic.
I don't think Djokovic can beat this guy. I am not surprised to see the current score. This guy should take out Djokovic in 3 straight sets. He is good.
I don't know how old he is and how long he has been in the Main Draws. Is he a headcase who runs out of energy quickly like the talented Benoit Paire? That would be the only thing that defeats him here.
If Djokovic loses after Alex Z., my Skan adventure is over. :)