PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

SERENA Withdraws

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 04, 2018 9:17 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Pyotr#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# 
Ace, I'm simply going by what he says he saw. Nothing more nothing less.
Not only I call him a liar, #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Tennis Channel is also calling him a liar#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#. At least if you don't believe me, you have to believe the videos on Tennis Channel.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Have the courage to tell your friend he is a big liar.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jun Mon 04, 2018 9:26 am

Ace, so it's not possible for people to see the same thing and have different initial conclusions?
He should be called a "big liar" because he didn't perceive an injury? Did you or anyone else
until Serena disclosed it? I'm thinking not. I'll have the courage to say some may be a little
sensitive right now over the ridicule some Maria fans are hurling at Serena. Understandable.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 04, 2018 9:30 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl#I saw the serve and I was hoping it was not a serious problem...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Come on. Your friend is a liar. Just admit it. I am not the only one calling him a liar. Tennis Channel is also calling him a liar by showing the video of Serena barely landing the balls in the box. You want to argue that to defend a liar? Go ahead.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Mon 04, 2018 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Jun Mon 04, 2018 9:35 am

If you want to get all bent out of shape over someone not seeing signs of an injury
over a television screen, be my guest. It's really not that serious.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Mon 04, 2018 9:36 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Pyotr#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# over a television screen? lol#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#They were showing and commenting the injury. Your friend is not a liar but the TC commentators are. OK. Thanks.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Mon 04, 2018 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Mon 04, 2018 10:07 am

Pretty sure it is a genuine injury which of course may have consequences for the upcoming grass-season. Serve becomes way more important + much more strain on the arm when returning those grass-speedbombs.

If it as she says, she won't have that much practice opportunities.
She is good enough to play a few years; without being a doctor, my reaction is: don't play Wimbledon but give this injury all the time it needs, and then work towards US Open.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Mon 04, 2018 10:16 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Pyotr</b>:</font>

At least you're being consistent. They found drugs in Maria's system, and you dismissed it. They showed an injured Serena on screen and you dismissed it.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Mon 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Garbine's opponent just retired at 2-0.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Mon 04, 2018 12:47 pm

"I was looking forward to my match against Serena and am disappointed that she had to withdraw," Sharapova said.

Sharapova's coach said the Russian player was waiting courtside when they were informed of Williams' withdrawal.

"It was a shock," Thomas Hogstedt said. "We were ready. We prepared a long time for this match."

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Mon 04, 2018 3:16 pm

This w/o was the best performance by Maria in 14 years.