Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 01, 2018 9:48 am

Oh, well, Woz snuffed out the comeback.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Fri 01, 2018 9:50 am

0-6 0-5.
she finally wakes up and wins 3 games to lose 0-6 3-6.
can't be sent home double bagels in front of your home crowd. geeeezz.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jun Fri 01, 2018 9:53 am

And in-form Serena wins her Doubles.
Keep going, W. sisters.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jun Fri 01, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:OOP....Fri...Paris....June 1, 2018

Post by rex » Jun Fri 01, 2018 10:06 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#
Garbine talked about that recently, the girls are seduced by the 'model' look and life, made more acute by the importance of social media, primarily Instagram.
#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#Whose fault is that? If the girls are influenced by fashion rags/shows and desire to look like that "for attention", then that's their choice (I look at these scrawny-looking women with pity, not in appreciation, for they look unhealthy and emaciated to me). One thing I've learned is corporate institutions know how to successfully manipulate the public to their detriment and make millions while doing it. All they have to do is define it, promote it and watch people adapt to such and make massive profit. Women's fashion is a joke to me, I find it disheartening and laughable. I used to love to girl watch. Not anymore and I rarely see a "fine babe", sculpted with shape and definition. The people in the camps were starved to death to look emaciated and famished, didn't voluntarily do this to themselves. Today's fashion ladies look similar, voluntarily choose to be just as emaciated, famished and starved, but "are promoted" by the institution of the fashion industry to be the ideal image for women and some are making millions looking like concentration camp survivors, affecting many. However, in sport, specifically tennis here, it'll affect your game, for you'll lack power in your ground game, as what has now happened to Svitolina, to a point, Muguruza, has affected Aggie, has had a negative impact on the prospects for Petra Martic and now, Vika, returning from her custody issue (too skinny, no power in her ground game). Sport is not an anorexic fashion show, but an athletic event and looking scrawny will not make one competitive to achieve in sport. Does one see Olympic athletes looking like this? Of course not. Does one see women in other amateur or professional sports outside of tennis looking scrawny and emaciated? Of course not. I have no sympathy for these girls who elect to do this to themselves. Further, if these girls are looking for attention, then social media is their outlet, for most of the players on Tour are all over social media posting pictures of themselves, which they do get by the thousands (millions in some cases) of followers on their media sites (twitter, Facebook, instagram, snapchat, etc.). So, they don't have to diet themselves to look like concentration camp survivors in order to get that attention they obviously seek. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#Glad to see that the Class of '97 (Naomi, Ana K., Jelena, Kasatkina, Belinda, including Kuzmova, Day, Dolehide, Aiava of earlier years) have not chosen at this point to look famished and diet themselves in order to look scrawny and resemble these pathetic images in women's fashion nowadays. Hope they continue as is.......#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by rex on Jun Fri 01, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 01, 2018 10:24 am

Garbine admitted that she likes it too and pushes back at criticism that it means she's not serious about her job as an athlete.

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Jun Fri 01, 2018 10:39 am

#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#It's her choice, but it's having a negative impact on her ground game, for one can see how inconsistent she is and getting whipped oft by lesser players. Trading off sport achievement for vanity (Aggie, a glaring example) is ridiculous, imo.....#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Fri 01, 2018 10:45 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>rex</b>:</font>

Plus, they're husband shopping too. Maybe not Garbine, though I could be wrong.