Tournaments this week

ATP Miami Results

ATP version of the WTA general tennis
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
ATP Miami Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 24, 2018 9:54 pm

wait, wait, wait, Federer lost?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#oh my.. I was just trying to review my R32 predictions and couldn't see Federer's name. Then I started thinking if there was a mistake. Rushed to the Scoreboard to check.. and there, in bold, Federer out.. What a surprise !!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kokkinakis d. Federer 3-6 6-3 7-6 #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Who this kockkky dude?  Miami tournament is really fu.cked up. All the VIP are MIA.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sat 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Sneaky feeling he's not well. His injury might be flaring up. He's now played 4 or 5 mediocre to poor matches in a row.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Mar Sat 24, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Sat 24, 2018 10:41 pm

3 out of 4 Indian Wells finalists didn't reach R32 in Miami.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Del Potro is the only one that made it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Sat 24, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sun 25, 2018 9:28 am

Apparently he's announced he's skipping the entire clay court season. Hope Serena doesn't skip it though.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sun 25, 2018 9:56 am

Roger Federer has played his last match until early June, it emerged on Saturday night, as the world No. 1 suffered a shock defeat to Australian qualifier Thanasi Kokkinakis and then announced that he will be skipping the entirety of the clay-court season.

It had been thought that Rafael Nadal’s recent struggles with injury might encourage Federer to have a crack at the French Open, his least successful grand slam by far. But Federer – who will hand the No. 1 position back to Nadal when the next set of rankings are published tomorrow week – told reporters “I decided not to play [on clay].”

Federer’s defeat was a bitter pill for the Miami Open, which had earlier been challenged by Caroline Wozniacki to take a hard line on abusive fans. The man himself looked disgusted at his unusually erratic performance, which brought him a second defeat in consecutive matches for the first time since the spring of 2014.

“I wasn't feeling good,” said Federer. “With my movement, things weren't absolutely working. I feel like every time I had chances, something bad happened: wrong decision-making by me, good decision-making by him. I don’t know why I could never get to any level that I was happy with today.”

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Sun 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Roger Federer will lose his world number one spot after defeat at the Miami Open - and has announced he will miss the clay court season, including the French Open.

The 36-year-old, who suffered a shock 3-6 6-3 7-6 (7-4) loss to world number 175 Thanasi Kokkinakis in Miami, did not play on clay last season either.

Last year, he won Wimbledon after returning from his break.

The Swiss will be replaced by Rafael Nadal at the top of the new rankings.

On losing his world number one position, Federer - the defending Miami champion - said: "I deserve it after this match. I feel so bad."

After the defeat, he added: "I decided not to play the clay season."

Federer, who won his 20th Grand Slam at the Australian Open in January, began in typically assured style but was worn down by Australian qualifier Kokkinakis, 21, who won in two hours 21 minutes.

It was Federer's second loss in six days - he saw a 17-match unbeaten run come to an end in a gruelling match with Juan Martin del Potro in Indian Wells last weekend.

In Miami, he was up against another angular opponent in Kokkinakis, who used a vicious top-spin forehand to devastating effect.

"It felt like every time I had chances, something bad happened - wrong decision making by me, good decisions from him," he said.

"It's disappointing, I don't know why I could never get to a level I was happy with."

djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by djmm1962 » Mar Sun 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Poor Fed, but I'm really concerned about The Joker!!

DelPo and Sasha all the way ...

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Sun 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Five people had Federer or Djokovic as uWP...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re:ATP Miami Results

Post by sekasi » Mar Mon 26, 2018 10:59 am

I want to see the people who chose Nole for uWP. Is Ace2Ace among them? :lol:

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 26, 2018 11:29 am

I am not known for picking ATP uWP. :)
That Nole dude disappeared since the ban of Meldonium. Just a coincidence, folks.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Mon 26, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.