Tournaments this week

VENUS, Please Destroy Ree Williams Today

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
VENUS, Please Destroy Ree Williams Today

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Mon 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Seriously, if you can't whip her today, when? 

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 12, 2018 9:17 pm

LIVE Chat
I am in

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Mar Mon 12, 2018 10:44 pm

LOL@serena ... I come to think of it LOL @ Venus for getting serious to an out shape Serena .. they both laughable 🤪

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Mon 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Venus was just to sharp tonight.. Have not seen her play that well since Aussie Open last year.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#The serve was un-returnable. a few DF, naturally, but she really served well.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#The ROS were on point. And the ground game was solid.. Great performance.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#As for Serena, there was not much she could do. Venus reads her serve better than anyone. So she had trouble landing them. She was trying to disguise them but had no luck. Venus was on top of them.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Nowadays, when the sisters play each other, it's for the history book. The results matters less.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I was rooting for Serena but Venus was just ruthless, as I said in the LIVE Chat. :) :) She was a "sista killa" tonight. Hope Serena doesn't run into her early in Miami. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Serena could still beat all the players left in the draw. Venus was in the zone. Hope she brings that same performance to the court in her next matches. That was superb !!!!
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Mon 12, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rex
Commish
Commish

Re:VENUS, Please Destroy Ree Williams Today

Post by rex » Mar Tue 13, 2018 8:02 am

Serena was obviously rusty, understandably due to the lack of match play, the same for Vika, a match I saw only the 2nd set. Serena's intentions were on line, going for her shots that were there to be executed for points, but her execution was off and gifting, naturally so due to rust. Vika hasn't essentially played going on 3 years, Serena over a year, so one shouldn't them expect to execute as if they've played consistently recently. Venus looked good as well, save for the usual miscues she makes when closing the match out. The competitive fire for both Serena and Vika is still there. Just lacking match play, fitness for both (Vika is massively underweight) and finding the rhythm in their respective game.

They're both playing Miami and I hope they elect to play Charleston, especially if they lose early in Miami. Yet, it's good to have them back on the court. The house was very good for their encounter last night, practically full.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Tue 13, 2018 8:28 am

Conclusion: The Queen destroyed Ree.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Tue 13, 2018 8:32 am

Wow! They're desperate to taint the WS over Maria Sharapova's doping.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9rJWtkvFrMY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Tue 13, 2018 8:34 am

Venus can sure rock a cateye! That flick is on fleek! See looks so young and fresh!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iHNWRDETcJc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Mar Tue 13, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Don't beat Serena and lose to Sevastova. I'll be p.o if that happens.
Because despite all that rust, I strongly believe Serena would have taken out Sevastova.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 13, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Mar Tue 13, 2018 1:18 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Serena did not play bad at all from that highlight posted, Venus' FH was just too steady.