VENUS, Please Destroy Ree Williams Today

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 13, 2018 2:21 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>
Errani is one of my new fav.. :)
Her tennis IQ is super high. She has no power, but she knows how to take apart the pushers and the ball bashers.. She is very smart. Now I get her game and I enjoy watching her.

She could not enter this tournament.. It's a shame she was not given a WC. She won the new Indian Wells 125K last Sunday, taking apart young and feisty Anisimova who was crushing everyone until that Final.

Anisimova got a WC. It was promised to the top-2 Americans in the event. So the WC went to Anisimova, and the other girl she beat in the SF: Caroline Dolehide. They both more than justified those WC.
Too bad the champion Errani didn't get one. There should be a WC for the Champion too.

I hope Errani shows up in Miami to do some damage. People think they can knock her off the court. I used to think that too. But only smart big ballers can do that. She knows how take care of the rest. She figures out their weakness, and uses it against them.
Watch her closely and see what she does when facing a break point, or when she has game point. She doesn't go hide behind the baseline waiting for error on those points... Rather, she moves up looking for angles.. I never noticed that before until this year. :) :) Now when watching her, I can guess what she is going to do next.. It's very interesting. Can't believe I used to make fun of her game. :(

In Mexico 2 weeks ago, she took apart Kristie Ahn.. I never seen Ahn turn into one of the worst pushers I have ever seen. Her serves and ground strokes were twice weaker than Errani's.. :( Couldn't believe it. I wondered what happened to that power game she showed against Pavloy last year in this same tournament. Ahn is not going anywhere with her new pushing game. It was ugly. Did she get a new coach?
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 13, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Tue 13, 2018 2:40 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

So Errani gets a doping pass?

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 13, 2018 2:41 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>
 Yes...
Can you see the difference with the Siberian woman?
Errani is still beating the players she should beat.
The other one... do I need to say more?
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 13, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Tue 13, 2018 2:41 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Her excuse was ludicrous.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Yes it was.

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Re:VENUS, Please Destroy Ree Williams Today

Post by Pyotr » Mar Tue 13, 2018 5:33 pm

#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
Don't beat Serena and lose to Sevastova. I'll be p.o if that happens.
Because despite all that rust, I strongly believe Serena would have taken out Sevastova.
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Why? It'd just give you another cherished opportunity to rag on Venus.&nbsp;#ed_op#img src="/board/richedit/smileys/Happy/19.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Re:VENUS, Please Destroy Ree Williams Today

Post by Pyotr » Mar Tue 13, 2018 5:36 pm

@Sekasi#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Venus' FH was just too steady.
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Was it just me or does she have more topspin on her forehand?#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 13, 2018 8:33 pm

And Venus knocks out drop shot queen Sevastova. Glad she did.. A lost here would have very after sending little Sis' packing.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#What a match. Venus looks so fit and full of energy. Sevastova is the one that ran out of gas. Could barely strike anything towards the end, while Venus smartly was putting lots of topspin on those fuzzy things. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Great match!!!
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 13, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I am getting there.. got to get match fit. Didn't want to play Venus this early here... :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8wSaZAVNWj4" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#/iframe#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Mar Tue 13, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Mar Thu 15, 2018 10:23 am

If Vee plays nicely, just nicely, nothing spectacular nor supernova Williamsesque, she will win this title.