Tournaments this week

Indian Wells: Wednesday March 7

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Indian Wells: Wednesday March 7

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 06, 2018 10:30 pm

1/64-finals#ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 13:00    Anisimova A. (Usa)    Parmentier P. (Fra)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 13:00    Putintseva Y. (Kaz)    Van Uytvanck A. (Bel)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 13:00    Rogers S. (Usa)    Dolehide C. (Usa)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 14:30    Bencic B. (Sui)    Babos T. (Hun)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 14:30    Stosur S. (Aus)    Davis L. (Usa)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 14:30    Wang Q. (Chn)    Bacsinszky T. (Sui)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 16:00    Bouchard E. (Can)    Vickery S. (Usa)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 16:00    Duan Y. (Chn)    Pliskova Kr. (Cze)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 16:00    Krunic A. (Srb)    Begu I. (Rou)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 16:30    Vekic D. (Cro)    Sakkari M. (Gre)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 17:30    Kenin S. (Usa)    Liu C. (Usa)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 17:30    Martic P. (Cro)    Maria T. (Ger)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 17:30    Nara K. (Jpn)    Kanepi K. (Est)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 17:30    Sabalenka A. (Blr)    Lepchenko V. (Usa)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 18:00    Vondrousova M. (Cze)    Brengle M. (Usa)         #ed_op#br#ed_cl#    07.03. 19:00    Osaka N. (Jpn)    Sharapova M. (Rus)

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Tue 06, 2018 10:31 pm

4 pm Central: Bouchard vs Vickery
7 pm Central: Osaka vs Sharapova

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Re:Indian Wells: Wednesday March 7

Post by BJM123 » Mar Tue 06, 2018 11:14 pm

OOoohhh Osaka vs Sharapova....

Osaka keys: (1) Serve into Maria's body, (2) Get Maria on the defensive by playing 1st strike tennis, (3) hit to Maria's forehand which has become very predictable, (4) be CONFIDENT with no mental letdowns.

Maria keys: (1) Serve percentage has to be high, (2) Attack all 2nd serves by going to Osaka's backhand, (3) MOVE WELL!!!! (4) Mix up paces on shots.

Winner: Maria in 2 VERY tight sets but only IF it's not a physical match. Osaka in 3 sets IF she sticks to her game plan...EDGE: Maria

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Mar Wed 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Maria wins 6-0 6-0

Mytiwtiw

Post by Mytiwtiw » Mar Wed 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Maria wins 6-0 6-0

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Mar Wed 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Bencic saved a MP at 4-5 in the 3rd set, but won the TB 7-4
Next for Belinda is Ostapenko... don’t want to see one of them lose so early, but at least one will reach R3...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Wed 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Watched the BB match with Babos. Indeed it was a good match, but BB blew a ton of points inside the service line, returning weakly. Yet, prevailed in the end. Looking forward to her match with Jello.

Another good match is Petra M. versus and Tatjiana Maria. I'm aware of T. Maria by name, just by noticing her name on the scoreboard of matches. Yet, I've never seen her play a match. Now I have and she's a nice player, plays the game well from a host of fronts. The commentator said she's lost a ton of matches in the lst. Okay, for I don't know her career. Yet, she plays a good game of tennis. Both players are playing the game of tennis the way it should be played, an all-court display with a variety of shots, creating their own opportunities and executing well for the most part. Net play has been great from both. Yet, Petra is up handily, but the score doesn't indicate how competitive and well-played this match is. Petra is just winning game point. Enjoyable match....

From the perspective of Petra, I like that she's not slicing as much, which doesn't do anything for her and she's being aggressive from the baseline, her overheads have been lethal and executed, nicely. Appears she has a new coach and during her OCC stressed that Petra remain aggressive. Maybe this is the start I've been dying to see from her at age 27. Late bloomer? Hope so...

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Mar Wed 07, 2018 11:23 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Mytiwtiw#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# 
Maria wins 6-0 6-0
Well, another Domination starts and ends the same day.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Next Domination starts and ends in Miami R1 against Sasha Vickery. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Pyotr
Senior
Senior

Post by Pyotr » Mar Wed 07, 2018 11:39 pm

#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
Next Domination starts and ends in Miami R1 against Sasha Vickery.
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#With the only question left to answer being, will her WC's be trashed with the same verve and vigor. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Mar Wed 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Naturally, I'm satisfied with Naomi's win. But, the match wasn't well played, for Maria was in gift mode. Both sets were won by Naomi on Pova's errors. Sloppy nonsense from her. She plays the same as she did prior to the suspension, but her game is rife with errors on routine, non-difficult returns. She has to straighten that out if she hopes to regain the stature she once had, tho' people will continue to say that meldo had a lot to do with it.

Naomi gets Aggie next and I believe she can hit through her. She just has to be aware and react to Aggie's droppers and defend against such. As far as her game.....at this point I don't see any changes with Sascha. Still the same baseline return with a serve. Nothing creative. Their OCC sessions (two) essentially came down to Sascha saying "believe in yourself", basically "cheerleading". Might as well came out dressed in a tutu with pompoms and did some dance routines while saying "go Naomi go!!!