Tournaments this week

Favorite ATP Younger players

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
BJM123
Junior
Junior
Favorite ATP Younger players

Post by BJM123 » Feb Sat 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Here are some of the ATP younger gen players that I like...

1) Tiafoe: Of the younger Americans, I think that he has the most upside. Athletic and strong and is playing smarter but can he fix that crazy forehand?...

2) Donaldson: There is something about him that makes me root for him.

3) Shapovalov: Of all of them, he is my favorite. He's a lefty with a one handed backhand and I just love his game and mentality!!!!!!

4) Coric: I REALLY like this guy. He fights for everything.

5) Chung: What a difference a few years make! His game is smart and crafty and he currently OWNS the gen next players including Zverev!

6) Rublev: Another up and comer!

7) Zverev: He's gotten to #3 and is the most accomplished of this group but lately, his attitude and play has dipped considerably.

8) De Minaur: His game is very Lleyton Hewitt!!!!.......

There you have it folks....Anymore to add...?

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:Favorite ATP Younger players

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Feb Sat 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Some of the guys not on your list who I think are very talented and have upside. Most of them are strong, athletic, move well, and have big serves. They just need more experience and time to develop their games.

Michael Mmoh, USA, 20
Elias Ymer, SWE, 21
Felix Auger Aliassime, CAN, 17
Stefanos Tsitsipas, GRE, 19

Nicolas Jerry, 22, from Chile is into the Rio Semis. I don't know much about him but I've watched some of his matches in Rio and he has a good game. Tall, strong, and fast for his size. He plays very aggressively and flat. He has a big serve and big groundstrokes. Also, someone to watch out for.
Last edited by 93tennisroyalty on Feb Sat 24, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Sat 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Chung - obviously - and one I've been following for about a year: Karen Khachanov (21) - not by accident that he plays the final in Marseille tomorrow.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#And he plays his final against my #1 (after Federer): Pouille!! (also only 23).#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Interesting fact: If both do not withdraw from Dubai, they could meet in R2 again next week....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#The loser can take revenge within 4 days... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Graveller on Feb Sat 24, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Feb Sat 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Chung vs Khachanov? I'd love to see that encounter. Chung just lost to Tiafoe! But I like the way that Pouille plays. That being said, I tried to include guys that were only 18-21....I want to add Fritz but just think that with him getting married and having a child so soon, he seems distracted

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Sun 25, 2018 1:51 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>BJM123</b>:</font>

I find it much harder to assess guys that are younger than 20.
Big klet-downs for me have been Tomic, Janowicz and Kokkinakis.

A year ago I saw a great natch from Quinten Halys, but so far that had been an one-moment event. Saw him recently for a few games and was notvimpressed.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Feb Sun 25, 2018 11:15 am

I'm feeling Tiafoe, then Shapovalov and then perhaps Zverev, the current reigning IT boy. Thiem's game looks too exhausting.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Sun 25, 2018 1:51 pm

And what do i see? Quinten Halys just survived the ATP500 qualies for Dubai. Maybe I'll give him another shot and watch his R1....

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Sun 25, 2018 3:10 pm

lol.. Have no clue who 99% of those guys are. Can't even name the ATP top-5 ... Let alone knowing the players outside top-100. :( :(

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Feb Sun 25, 2018 4:16 pm

I checked him out. He has some game but I'm not yet impressed. I should have added Khachanov to this list because he just won a title today as well. I can't wait for that matchup with Chung. But I should add Mikeal Ymer. This boy has game if he can just get into some tournaments but his brother Elias is disappointing so far

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Post by BJM123 » Feb Sun 25, 2018 4:18 pm

I like Janowicz (he's cute!) but Tomic I wish would just go away. kokkanakis is coming back stronger. But I like Krygios though