Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Thu 22, 2018 5:43 pm

------- Top half ------
[1] Cibulkova vs Larsson
Barthel vs [Q] Bonaventure

---- Bottom half ----

Martic vs [LL] Kuzmova
Van Uytvanck vs [2] Zhang
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Thu 22, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Thu 22, 2018 5:44 pm

1 Qualifier and 1 LL left in the draw.
That qualifier is the player that beat the LL in the last round of the Qualifiers.
Bonaventure beat Kuzmova 7-6(10-8 ) 6-7(4-7) 3-6
What if they both make the Final? Would that be a Premiere?
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Thu 22, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Fri 23, 2018 6:40 am

I don't mind getting up early to watch darling Kuzmova. What a fine power player!!!! She defends break points like Serena. The minute she goes down 0-30, watch out. Fire erupts from her racket.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Defending brilliantly 7 break points in the first set. Couldn't get any from Martic until Martic was serving at 4-5 to stay in the set. 15-40. Martic defended those 2 break points, but couldn't defend the next one. Kuzmova wins the set 6-4 ... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#It was a contest of who can serve, who can defend BP. Only 1 break of serve in that set.#ed_op#br#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Rex, first time watching a full match of your girl Martic. I have become a fan.. She's got game... She was serving so well she wouldn't allow any break point. And she got all kinds of ground strokes: flat, left spin, right spin, drop shots, ... wow... I love players like these 2 girls. They were going after each other like there is no tomorrow. A service game meant something. It was not the "you break me, I break you, you break me, I break you" ridiculous tennis.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Once Kuzmova broke at 2-1 in the 2nd set, everyone that was watching knew the match was over.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Martic knew it even though she kept fighting. Got broken again at 5-2. She failed to break Kuzmova the entire match, not for lack of trying. Kuzmova saved all the BP like a boss. That's how Serena was doing it at 17. When she faces a BP, there comes the ace or service winner. Kuzmova did it all match long. LOVE the girl's game.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Who's next for the SF? Zhang or Uytvanck. It's gonna be a cracker too. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#My Lucky Loser got her chances. If she keeps serving like in the last 2 matches, she can make it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Girls is a delight to watch, if you love Power Tennis.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Let's keep plugging away, Miss Kuzmo!!!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#Things that should improve#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#: #ed_op#br#ed_cl#- Passing shots. Missed all but one. Didn't even try 1 lob. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#- Return: Martic was getting too quickly to 40-0, 40-15. Got to do something about that. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#- Ground strokes: A few shots taken too early when she was not ready, resulting in Unforced Errors. (But that's usually part of a Power Player's game... You just got to watch it) #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Work-in-progress.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Fri 23, 2018 7:01 am, edited 9 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Fri 23, 2018 11:55 am

------- Top half ------
[1] Cibulkova vs Barthel

---- Bottom half ----

[LL] Kuzmova vs
Van Uytvanck vs [2] Zhang

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Fri 23, 2018 11:57 am

1 seed remaining... she is in a dog fight trying to stay in the tournament.
LL Kuzmova goes one round further than the one who beat her in QR2. :)
Let's to straight to the Final, Kuzmo!!!
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Fri 23, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Fri 23, 2018 12:37 pm

------- Top half ------
[1] Cibulkova vs Barthel
---- Bottom half ----
[LL] Kuzmova vs Van Uytvanck

All seeds gone.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Fri 23, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Feb Fri 23, 2018 6:18 pm

My dream final here is my old love ( who did let me down so often) Barthel vs Compatriot Van Uytvanck.

Maybe I want too much in one week...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish

Post by rex » Feb Fri 23, 2018 6:54 pm

<font color="brown">@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:

</font>
Rex, first time watching a full match of your girl Martic. I have become a fan.. She's got game... She was serving so well she wouldn't allow any break point. And she got all kinds of ground strokes: flat, left spin, right spin, drop shots, ... wow... I love players like these 2 girls. They were going after each other like there is no tomorrow. A service game meant something. It was not the "you break me, I break you, you break me, I break you" ridiculous tennis.
<i>It's good to learn that you appreciate Petra M. Been a fan since I lst saw her play Wickmayer at the now-defunct Paris indoor event back in 2010. However, she's been a disappointment at age 27, never has won a Tour title and has bounced between the ITF and the Tour for most of her career. Problem for me is she's underweight, contributing to no power in her ground game, and overuses the slice, slicing herself out of matches. Usually I don't miss Petra M's matches, but this was 5 a.m. start and I had enough of trying to recover my sleep cycle after the AO. I'm not surprised she lost to Kuzmova. </i>
Last edited by rex on Feb Sat 24, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Sat 24, 2018 1:09 pm

My girl was a bit flat today against an opponent who was serving very big.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#she held her own until that missed passing shot at 4-4 in the first set. You should never miss passing shots in the net. In my coaching book, that's a no no no. You got to lift them up. If you gonna miss, it has to be over the baseline, not in the net.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I mentioned it earlier as things to work on... If I can spot out the problem in one match, how come the coach can't see it. That passing shot would have taken her to 5-4 .. and who knows what might have happen.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl#
Things that should improve:
- Passing shots. Missed all but one. Didn't even try 1 lob.
&nbsp;#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#Alright. That's was one match to land you directly in the top-100. Now you may need one or 2 tournaments to get there. Got to move up the ranking so you stop playing Qualifiers in those small events and arrive in the Main Draw with a half tank.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Love your game girl... Got to keep working.. By next year, every player will know who you are. :)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Great run.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Sat 24, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Feb Sat 24, 2018 1:17 pm

Here is a match you should have never lost... St Petersburg 2018: those 2 balls you hit to Kasatkina instead of hitting them away from her in the open court did you in. Should have won that second set. Tough learning. Can't make bad decision like that.. Got to close out the higher ranked player when you have a chance. Specially the pusher/grinders.. All they do is wear you down.. When you already have miles of Qualifying minutes on your racket, it gets tough.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Great first and second set. One would think Kuzmova was the highest ranked player.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mt7jx3SbWe0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"#ed_cl##ed_op#/iframe#ed_cl#
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Sat 24, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.