Green Clay, Red Clay
Bring it on !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 Birmingham Draw and Resul...(3) Grossefavou  Netherlands...maindraw... (64) rex  BECKER:I'm African (0) Grossefavou
 Aiava (3) Ace2Ace  Nottingham (20) Ace2Ace  Maria still 2018 (34) Mytiwtiw
 Mallorca Draw and Resuls (2) Ace2Ace  2018 year of Maria Shara...(167) Mytiwtiw  SERENA 449th In The World (6) Grossefavou
 PATRICK Finds His Next SE...(2) Grossefavou  Sad day for Birmingham, M...(5) Mytiwtiw  2018 ITF General talks (64) rex
 Pre Wimbledon — to quit o...(0) Mytiwtiw  Overview of '18-WTA-PGame...(15) Jeff in Tex  BARTOLI Retires..Again! (0) Grossefavou
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » WTA Doha Draw and Results Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 12:21 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4690

Instead, defeat. Oh, well, no Caro beatdown then.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Feb Mon 12, 2018 12:22 pm;
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 1:29 pm       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12332
LocationAntwerp - Belgium

Well, another set of wasted WC (Sharapova and Azarenka). These two simply do bot deserve them anymore.
Maria shows time after time that she is not good enough anymore for MD-appearances. Time to go back to ITF and qualies.
And Azarenka has gotten in a bad habit of asking WC’s and then not showing up. Sort your private life and stop taking away opportunities from other players.

Someone like Bencic is not here thanks to those two. And the irony is that Bencic actually got back to a decent rank by playing ITF...

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 4:55 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

I'll never get this. Unless the player is dying, she should play that last game.
I saw Serena at the YEC in 2004 against the Sugar lady. Towards the end, she couldn't hit a serve. She was basically pushing the ball in and Pova was having fun treeing. But it was a few games left. She finished the match and let Pova have her way.

I don't care if it's my fav Serena, Halep or Coco ...., if you got one game left, finish the match the way you got to 1-5. It's just a few shots and you are done. Do not rob your opponent of her win. You are not going to die if you play one more game.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Mon 12, 2018 4:57 pm;
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 6:08 pm       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12332

@ Ace2Ace:

Well, don't do it for your opponent: if you just stand there and are not able to run to the ball for 2-3 games, then the opponent won't have a good feeling either, as it is then really saying in-their-face "take notice, I cannot run and therefore you win".

And for the audience it is really painful to watch, and how can they cheer for a win when the opponent was unable to play for several games? It feels even more disrespectful.

I rather have that my opponent withdraws if there is an issue, rather than wasting both my time and his time in continuing something that is not challenging, not competitive and not fun to do... Having to hit the ball 5-6 times to a spot where you both know that the other can't get there due to physical issues is not nice to do; it gives 0% satisfaction and even feels embarrassing to do.

Last edited by Graveller on Feb Mon 12, 2018 6:09 pm;

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 7:37 pm       Re:WTA Doha Draw and Results
BJM123
Junior

Joined06 Oct 2013
Posts321

Let's face it, Maria has not been the same since they took her off of drugs. She's a lot slower and her shots are nowhere near as potent.

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 8:01 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

@ Graveller:
 I don't think Kasatkina was painful to watch. I saw that second set early this morning before heading to work. Didn't see the first set. She looked pretty fine until she started feeling the defeat and called the trainer. Yes the neck may have been hurting a bit. But watching her play until that 3-0, you couldn't tell.
My observation is she should have finished the match. She didn't look physically miserable at all.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Mon 12, 2018 8:04 pm;
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 8:31 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4690

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 9:11 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

just watched the first minutes.. An those serves are bad. Sad The usual acceleration is not there yet.
Fast forwards; trying to return Coco's serve. CAN'T get to most of them. And when she does, can't play the next ball.
Girl got a long way to go.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:03 am;
Posted: Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:21 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

first time watching this Bernarda Pera girl. I like her game. Another smart power player.
She uses her lefty advantage effectively. Nice addition to the WTA. Will cause some upsets.. Top players, beware.
This is a painful match-up for darling Konta.

Many of those new power players don't have much control. Pera is very confident in her power. Unleashes deadly shots when in position. Really nice game today. I don't know if she is consistent match to match, but I really like what I see today.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Tue 13, 2018 8:54 am;
Posted: Feb Tue 13, 2018 9:06 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

And Konta tames the dangerous lefty.
Great match

Posted: Feb Tue 13, 2018 1:50 pm       Re:WTA Doha Draw and Results
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

Wozniacki Caroline[1] vs Witthoeft Carina
[Q] Monica Niculescu vs Rybarikova Magdalena[14]
Konta Johanna[10] vs Suárez Navarro Carla
Stosur Samantha vs Kerber Angelique[8]

Svitolina Elina[3] vs [Q] Marketa Vondrousova
Radwanska Agnieszka vs Kvitova Petra[16]
Goerges Julia[9] vs Strycova Barbora
Buzarnescu Mihaela vs Ostapenko Jelena[6]

----------- Bottom Half ----------

Garcia Caroline[7] vs Cibulkova Dominika
[Q] Anna Blinkova vs Mladenovic Kristina[11]
Mertens Elise[15] vs Cirstea Sorana
[Q] Ying-Ying Duan vs Muguruza Garbiñe[4]

Pliskova Karolina[5] vs Cornet Alizé
[Q] Catherine Bellis vs Keys Madison[12]
Sevastova Anastasija[13] vs [Q] Naomi Osaka
Makarova Ekaterina vs Halep Simona[2]

Posted: Feb Tue 13, 2018 1:51 pm       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

Julia Gorgeous has the toughest draw. Dang!!!
Those guys wearing long white robes must not like her. Smile Smile Smile

Posted: Feb Wed 14, 2018 6:38 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12332

TB in the first set Petra vs Aggie...

I understand now why Aggie makes so few UE's: she simply cannot hit the ball hard enough to be too long... She seems to give it all, and th ball still lands a metre before the baseline Smile

No idea on who will win the TB: two completely different styles

Posted: Feb Wed 14, 2018 6:49 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12332

And the set went to Aggie 7-6 (7-3)...

It is weird: no matter how hard she plays, or what direction she plays: Aggie is always there to send the ball back. She reads Petra really well. And at some point, Petra goes for too much.

I also watched the second set between Svitolina and Voundrousova. I was not yet on he Vondrousova-train, and after seeing this performance, I definitely stepped out of the line of people wanting to buy a ticket to be on her band-wagon.

Not a single winner that caught my imagination; a youngster with no idea on how to respond to a dropshot (or how to execute one): too much power without substance.

Posted: Feb Wed 14, 2018 10:55 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21934

For some reason, this morning, I had no desire to watch any tennis or even check the scoreboard.. So while I am writing this, I have no idea who beat who...
Let me bring up the scoreboard.. Smile

Page 3 of 7  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Halle
ATP London

WTA Mallorca
WTA Birmingham

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google