Green Clay, Red Clay
Bring it on !!!

login with facebook
   LIVE Scores     LIVE-Chat     Skan Contest     Prediction Game      Drive2Final Game    Top-10 Game     History     World Clock 
 Latest topics  	                     The Main Forum           	       
 2018 Stuttgart Draw and R...(3) Graveller  Maria decided 2018 San Jo...(2) Mytiwtiw  2018 PredictionGame (19) Graveller
 WTA Istanbul (0) Ace2Ace  ATP Monte Carlo (6) Ace2Ace  WOW! Brengle Sues WTA &am...(14) Pyotr
 Fed Cup.... (2) Ace2Ace  Nadal teases Federer for ...(6) PeterSkan  VENUS, Please Destroy Ree...(39) Ace2Ace
 Maria still 2018 (25) Mytiwtiw  "And so-forth" (0) PeterSkan  Casey Dellacqua Retires (2) Grossefavou
 2018 year of Maria Shara...(104) Mytiwtiw  A few good men (1) Ace2Ace  2018 Charleston draw and ...(40) Ace2Ace
more recent topics... 

tennisgamers.com Forum Index » WTA General Tennis Discussions » WTA Doha Draw and Results Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 8:18 am       
Ace2Ace
Site Admin

Joined14 Sep 2004
Posts21536

And Kasatkina, retired while down 5-7 1-4 15-40?
You mean she would have retired had she been leading 4-1 40-15 in that second set? I don't think so.
Just stand up like a woman and take the beating. You are only 1 game away. Won't make much a difference. I hate when girls retire at something like 6-2 5-1. play that last game. Don't deny your opponent a straight victory.

Last edited by Ace2Ace on Feb Mon 12, 2018 8:37 am;
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 10:13 am       
sekasi
Accomplished

Joined25 Aug 2008
Posts2450

Ace2Ace wrote:
And Kasatkina, retired while down 5-7 1-4 15-40?
You mean she would have retired had she been leading 4-1 40-15 in that second set? I don't think so.
Just stand up like a woman and take the beating. You are only 1 game away. Won't make much a difference. I hate when girls retire at something like 6-2 5-1. play that last game. Don't deny your opponent a straight victory.

Maybe she couldn't move and was carried off the court.

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 10:57 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4402

@ sekasi:

Pretty flimsy excuse.

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:01 am       
sekasi
Accomplished

Joined25 Aug 2008
Posts2450

@ Grossefavourite:

Excuse me. Cool

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:18 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12220
LocationAntwerp - Belgium

Kasatkina actually had neck issues....

as for denying the opponent the victory: I doubt that any of you would act differently if you have serious discomfort.

Imagine that you have a real sting of pain in your knee that really hurts every time that you land on your feet. It gets worse and worse with every shock that your knee gets.
You know that you will lose anyway. would you REALLY volunteer to get at least 5 more painful stings (that possible are getting worse all the time) just for the sake of making your opponent more happy?

Any normal person - me included - would put my health as priority #1. I would not volunteer to suffer more - just for the sake of suffering and the "good-feel" of the opponent. Bellis knew anyway that won against an injured opponent.

Now I am not saying that the neck injury was that bad as the knee-situation that I used as an example. I do not know if it was something that got worse during the match. None of us knows. Therefore I do not judge and none of you should. It may happen to your fave's too (and probable already happened).
All I know is that I would retire too if my physical discomfort gets too big. And the scoreline would be the last of my worries.

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:28 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4402

Maria in a battle.

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:33 am       
sekasi
Accomplished

Joined25 Aug 2008
Posts2450

@ Graveller:

I would retire as well, one more step and you could jeopardize your whole season. And the spectators don't want to see you stand there and watch the ball go by just because you want to complete the match.

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:38 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12220

@ Grossefavourite:

Those commenters make you dislike Maria... Niculescu holds serve, yet they find a wat to praise Maria in every point - even in the 4 points that she lost).
Niculescu is the one making Maria move, using slice, come to the net... hardly any acknowledgement of that....

Break her now, Niculescu, and give us a 3rd set!!

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:41 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4402

3rd set.

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:41 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12220

Hahaha, Maria gets broken on love with nothing but UE's...

And we have a third (this is the time when Meldonium really started to help her)

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:47 am       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4402

In the past, pre-meldonium bust, she would now surreptitiously sip from a little black bottle she ensconced in a white towel and proceed to flatten her rival.

Last edited by Grossefavourite on Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:48 am;
Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:50 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12220

They need to get their Stats on Set 2 correct in Doha... how can both have two breaks if Niculescu won the set 6-4?????

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:51 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12220

@ Grossefavourite:

Now she just disappeared in the locker-room for 5 minutes...

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:53 am       
Graveller
Commish

Joined17 Jun 2011
Posts12220

Sharapova making so many errors on the Niculescu-slice at the moment... too limited in her skills.

She can bash like no other, but to see all those parts of the game where Niculescu outclasses her atm. If Niculescu sticks to her current game plan, she got  a shot in this match. If she reverts to playing like Maria, she is toast.

Keep the UE's low, and throw all kind of balls at Maria, and make her move. 

Last edited by Graveller on Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:57 am;

Posted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 12:06 pm       
Grossefavourite
Accomplished

Joined27 Jul 2013
Posts4402

MS needs to up the ante on the screaming to distract Niculescu at critical junctures to ensure victory.

Page 2 of 7  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next    
PredictionGame
Current Tournaments:
Enter Your Scores Here

ATP Budapest
ATP Barcelona
ATP Monte Carlo

WTA Istanbul
WTA Stuttgart

Show Latest 120 Topics                      Show Latest 120 Topics

Google