TOMIC, Seriously?

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
TOMIC, Seriously?

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 31, 2018 11:32 am

Tomic last played at ATP tournament in November last year and lost in qualifying for the Australian Open earlier this month.

He controversially responded to the defeat by promising to go home and “count money”, following on from a remark he made last year about being “23 and worth over $10million”.

And earlier this week, Hewitt said he did not expect Tomic ever to play for his country again after making numerous approaches.

But the 23-year-old responded by claiming Australia, who will be led by Nick Kyrgios against Germany this weekend in the first round of the Davis Cup World Group, had no chance without him.

I don't care what Lleyton said. I never lost to him," Tomic said.

"The important thing is that there's a reason why I played Davis Cup for Australia at the youngest age in history and there's a reason why my record stands that good.

"I stand by my call.

“They know they can't win without me and I know they can't win without me.

“It's a tough situation."

Tomic was speaking after walking off Channel Ten’s “I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!” after just three nights.

And he surprised viewers, producers and fellow contestants alike by telling them he wanted to get back on the tennis court more often.

"I don't want to spend half my time depressed here and thinking about how I played the last year and where I should be," Tomic said.

"And me being here with my thoughts now has just gave me a huge wake-up call…

“I need to be competing and playing in what I do best and that's why I've decided to leave."
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Wed 31, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jan Wed 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Sounds like a "Make Tomic Great Again" campaign.
go firmly to the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of the coward;
listen-your final pleasure-to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession