DOPING: Alize Cornet

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
DOPING: Alize Cornet

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 5:23 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/42811689

France's Alize Cornet is being investigated by the International Tennis Federation for violating anti-doping rules, the French Tennis Federation (FFT) has said.

Cornet, the world number 42, is alleged to have missed three random out-of-competition drugs tests in 12 months.

The FFT says the 27-year-old will not be selected for France's Fed Cup tie with Belgium starting on 10 February.

Cornet lost in the third round of the Australian Open.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 8:19 pm

“Last October I got a 3rd “no show” from the Anti Doping Agency and the ITF, which means that among the 20 anti doping controls that I had in the 2017 season, which were all negative of course, I missed 3 unannounced controls at home because of valuable reasons that the ITF didn’t want to hear.

“My case will be presented at a hearing in March that will determine the rest of my season. I will continue my tournaments normally till then, nevertheless I won’t be able to represent my country at the next Fed Cup event due to a clause in the ITF law.

“I will keep you updated and promise you to stay strong during this tough time.”

BJM123
Junior
Junior

Re:DOPING: Alize Cornet

Post by BJM123 » Jan Wed 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Another doper....? Oh well, put her out!

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:35 pm

She's in big trouble. Thats's almost 4 months ago that she was informed and they've not exonerated yet her.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:DOPING: Alize Cornet

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Jan Thu 25, 2018 12:31 am

Shame on her. She knows the rules; all players know the rules. Show up for your doping tests, and make yourself available, no matter how inconvenient they may be. It's WADA job to be independent and unbiased. How are they to know why exactly you were not at your test date other than to speculate it has something to do with doping? Especially when you've done it multiple times.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 25, 2018 2:23 am

To her defense, WADA can mess up their doping system. Remember Wickmayer getting into trouble for not updating her whereabouts, because she had no access to it (password issues).
They had send the info by mail to her while she and her dad (her mom died years ago) were on the tour.
Irony: they knew exactly where she was as she was playing a WTA event (and actually got tested there, if my memory serves well).

And I also recall Serena hiding in a panic room (and missing a test) because she did not know the guy who was at her door.
You see, there are reasons why people miss an unannounced test or seemingly do something wrong.

Please, stop judging people based on a snippet of info in the media without knowing full details.... (and I don't even like Cornet as a player).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Thu 25, 2018 6:24 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Graveller#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#  3 times in one  year for an experienced player? No. Especially in the year Maria returned to the tour to all the players' dismay? No. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Wickmayer too. She missed 3 tests  before her miraculous run at GS. Since then, and her suspension, she's pretty much disappeared.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#As for Serena, she called the police. You don't call the police if you're intentionally avoiding a legit tester. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Thu 25, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Thu 25, 2018 11:59 am

Former ASADA chief executive Richard Ings, who was also in charge of the ATP Tour’s rules and competitions department, described the situation as “very serious indeed”.

On social media, Ings advised athletes who believe they have been issued a missed test strike in error to challenge it immediately rather than let the situation progress to the point reached by Cornet.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Thu 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Tennis Anti-Doping Programme statement regarding Alize Cornet

[PRESSRELEASE]
Following the statement made by Alize Cornet, the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP) confirms the following:

- Ms. Cornet has been charged with a violation of TADP Article 2.4 (Failing three times in any 12-month period…to be available for Testing at the declared whereabouts in accordance with Article I.4 of the International Standard for Testing and Investigations (a "Missed Test")).

- Ms. Cornet was charged with the above violation on 11 January 2018.

- In accordance with the TADP rules, no further comment will be made pending determination of the case, except as may be necessary to respond to public comment by Ms. Cornet or her representatives. In that regard, the TADP points out that, contrary to the implication in Ms. Cornet’s statement that the ‘valuable reasons’ for her unavailability for testing at her declared whereabouts went unheard, the process set out in the International Standard for Testing and Investigations for the management of Whereabouts Failures, which includes the right for the player to request an independent assessment of whether the requirements for such failures were met, was followed in all three instances.

The Tennis Anti-Doping Programme is a comprehensive and internationally recognised drug-testing programme that applies to all players competing at Grand Slam tournaments and events sanctioned by the ITF, ATP, and WTA. Players are tested for substances prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency and, upon a finding that an Anti-Doping Rule Violation has been committed, sanctions are imposed in accordance with the requirements of the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme and World Anti-Doping Code. More background information on the Programme, sanctions, tennis statistics and related information can be found at www.itftennis.com/antidoping.

Read more at http://www.itftennis.com/news/278627.as ... HloeSeg.99
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Thu 25, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Thu 25, 2018 4:50 pm

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl# Wickmayer was cleared... the whereabout systems was flawed at the time... if you do not get a password to get access, you cannot fill in the data. Quite simple. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#So she did not miss a test... no one appeared at her doon.. no reason to call the police because there is no one at your door :-) :-)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#And on top of that, ITF tested her on some of the days that the whereabouts were incomplete...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#She had proof that she was mailing WADA for getting access... they failed to give her access.... You may have a case on Cornet, but Wickmayer could be blamed for nothing... she did not even hide for the WADA-guy in a panic room..... #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"