Tomic, "Going Home To Count My Millions"

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
Tomic, "Going Home To Count My Millions"

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Sun 14, 2018 5:06 pm

#ed_op#h1 class="story-headline gel-trafalgar-bold "#ed_cl#Australian Open: Bernard Tomic going home to 'count my millions’ after qualifying defeat#ed_op#/h1#ed_cl#The Australian lost 6-1 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 to Italian Lorenzo Sonego in the final round of qualifying in Melbourne.#ed_op#p#ed_cl#It will be the first time since 2008 that 25-year-old Tomic has not featured in the main draw, with Tennis Australia having chosen not to offer the world number 142 a wildcard.#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#"I just count money, that's all I do," he told Channel 7.#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#"You go do what I did. You go make 13-14 million. Good luck guys. Bye bye."#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#The remark echoed his reaction to criticism for a lack of commitment in Madrid last year, when he said: "Would you care if you were 23 and worth over $10m?"#ed_op#p#ed_cl#A two-time junior Grand Slam champion, Tomic became #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Australian number one and reached the Wimbledon quarter-finals as an 18-year-old qualifier in 2011.#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#He reached the third round at last year's Australian Open, but will fall further down the next set of #ed_op#br#ed_cl#rankings after this qualifying failure.#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#Local media have reported he is considering taking part in the Australian version of television #ed_op#br#ed_cl#show I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.#ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/42680163
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Sun 14, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeterSkan
Senior
Senior

Post by PeterSkan » Jan Tue 16, 2018 10:02 am

Who cares? No sympathy for Peter Pan when he applies for social assistance at age 30!
go firmly to the window
and listen with deep emotion,
but not with the whining, the pleas of the coward;
listen-your final pleasure-to the voices,
to the exquisite music of that strange procession

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Many do believe the money is gone and the results aren't coming.