KERBER, "Watch Out! I'm Back!

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
KERBER, "Watch Out! I'm Back!

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Sat 13, 2018 8:41 am

#ed_op#h1 class="ArticleHeader_headline_2zdFM"#ed_cl#Kerber issues Australian Open warning with Sydney triumph#ed_op#/h1#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#SYDNEY (Reuters) - Former world number one Angelique Kerber continued #ed_op#br#ed_cl#her 2018 resurgence with a 6-4 6-4 win over Ashleigh Barty in the Sydney#ed_op#br#ed_cl# International final on Saturday, giving herself a welcome boost ahead #ed_op#br#ed_cl#of next week’s Australian Open.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#The German two-time grand slam champion, currently ranked 22nd in the#ed_op#br#ed_cl# world after a disappointing 2017 campaign, registered her ninth win in #ed_op#br#ed_cl#as many matches this year with another clinical performance against the #ed_op#br#ed_cl#local favorite. #ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#It was the first individual final since Monterrey#ed_op#br#ed_cl# in April last year for the 29-year-old left-hander, who won the #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Australian and U.S. Open titles in 2016. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#“Thanks to my team for believing in me and supporting me, we had an #ed_op#br#ed_cl#excellent week. I am really looking forward to the rest of the year,” #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kerber said in a court-side interview after claiming a first title since#ed_op#br#ed_cl# her U.S. Open triumph. #ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#“I am playing amazing tennis again and I am just feeling great.” #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#After some tight early service games, Barty double-faulted to hand #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kerber the first break and a 3-2 lead, and the German served out the #ed_op#br#ed_cl#opening set with little trouble. #ed_op#/p#ed_cl##ed_op#p#ed_cl#The second set witnessed an #ed_op#br#ed_cl#early exchange of breaks before Kerber broke the Australian to love to #ed_op#br#ed_cl#move 4-3 ahead and picked up her 11th career title when Barty found the #ed_op#br#ed_cl#net after yet another powerful Kerber forehand.#ed_op#/p#ed_cl#https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tenn ... p#br#ed_cl#
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Sat 13, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.