Tournaments this week

Aussie Open Draw - Ladies

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 24, 2018 10:20 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>
why? isn't a bagel 6 games in a row in the same set? There are straight bagels and hidden bagels... This one was a hidden bagel... It's cost $1 less than the straight bagel but still delicious. 

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Jan Wed 24, 2018 10:58 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Give me your prediction for your girl vs Kerber.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:18 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>
 That's an easy one. Halep will take out Kerber.
Kerber struggled against Hsieh, the only non-ball basher she faced so far.
Halep is playing better than Hsieh right now.

Halep will be in the Final, where I expect her to face fantastic Mertens.
That should be a GREAT match.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:29 am

I want Halep to halt Kerber but I'd rather watch a Kerber/Woz final. A Halep/Woz final will be a ponderous affair.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:31 am

I don't want to see Woz in the Final.. YEC is enough. LOL LOL LOL

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:33 am

So don't turn on your tv then on Sat.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:45 am

LOL.. Wozz will be watching the Final on TV from her hotel room.
I am not gonna miss a fantastic Final between Halep and Mertens.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 11:52 am

Only on the RBC, the Russian Broadcasting Corp.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jan Wed 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Of course I want my compatriot Mertens to reach the final.
But a final between two players that have failed to win a final several times, would be nice too ( just to see some haters on other fora freak out).

And a Kerber-win would be nice too: she got her share of nasty comments too in 2017, and her holding more slams than Azarenka, Kvitova and Muguruza could be a wake-up call for those three to get their act together..

So when I wake up tomorrow, I will be happy with each outcome.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Wed 24, 2018 2:48 pm

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI VS. ELISE MERTENS

What can stop Wozniacki now? The No. 2 seed has bounced back from 1-5 down in the third to win a match, and the experience appears to have made her stronger. Since then, she has played top-level tennis to knock off Magdalena Rybarikova, and resilient tennis to fend off Carla Suarez Navarro. Wozniacki seems to believe that her first major title is finally, truly within her grasp. But while the 22-year-old Mertens is ranked just 36th, and has nothing like Wozniacki’s pedigree as a former No. 1, the 5’10” Belgian is riding a wave of fresh momentum. She has also been playing a game—crisp, forceful, forward-moving—that would seem to be tailor-made to beat the Dane’s steady-as-she-goes style. Wozniacki won their only meeting, in three sets, on clay last year. It’s tempting to predict that Mertens will turn that result around on Thursday and ride her momentous wave all the way to the final. But I can’t quite bring myself to do it. Winner: Wozniacki

SIMONA HALEP VS. ANGELIQUE KERBER

The No. 1 seed and the 2016 Australian Open champ have reached their respective peaks in Melbourne. On Wednesday, Kerber was virtually flawless in her 51-minute dismantling of Madison Keys, while Halep bounced back from an 0-3 deficit in the first set against Karolina Pliskova and dropped just two more games. Now the questions are: Whose peak is higher? And has either woman peaked too soon? Judging by their head-to-head and career records, the answer to the first question would appear to be Kerber. She and Halep have played eight times since 2014, and Kerber has won five, including the last two, which were both on hard courts. If she falls behind, Halep will have the advantage of having already extricated herself from a near-death experience against Lauren Davis. But Kerber will have her own story of survival to recall; she nearly went out to Su-Wei Hsieh over the weekend. The only thing we know for sure is that this match should be fought tooth and nail, to the bitter end. With their form being equally fine at the moment, I’ll take Kerber’s peak over Halep’s. Winner: Kerber

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2018/01/ ... und/71640/
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jan Wed 24, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.