Tournaments this week

WTA Brisbane Draw and Results

All Tennis, All the Time
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
WTA Brisbane Draw and Results

Post by Ace2Ace » Dec Sun 31, 2017 11:06 am

[1] Garbine Muguruza vs BYE#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Carina Witthoeft vs Aleksandra Krunic#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[Q] vs Sorana Cirstea#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Samantha Stosur vs [7] Anastasia Sevastova#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[4] Caroline Garcia vs Alize Cornet#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Tatjana Maria vs Mirjana Lucic-Baroni#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Petra Kvitova vs Anett Kontaveit#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[Q] vs [6] Kristina Mladenovic#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#------------ Bottom   Half --------------------#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[5] Johanna Konta vs Madison Keys#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[WC] Destanee Aiava vs [WC] Ajla Tomljanovic#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kiki Bertens vs Ana Konjuh#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Carla Suarez Navarro vs [3] Elina Svitolina#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#[8] Ashleigh Barty vs Lesia Tsurenko#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[Q] vs Daria Kasatkina#ed_op#br#ed_cl#[Q] vs CiCi Bellis#ed_op#br#ed_cl#BYE vs [2] Karolina Pliskova
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Dec Sun 31, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Dec Sun 31, 2017 11:16 am

Aiava showed up without her coach/mother. I could understand if she was playing outside Australia. But playing at home, alone?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#From what we've been reading, she can't wait to turn 18 to get out of her crowded mom's house. The 2 are not getting along well and it's obvious in her tennis. #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Her game has deteriorated a great deal. Instead of getting better from what it was at the beginning of last year, it's now pure crap: #ed_op#br#ed_cl#1/ can't land a first serve. She was getting barely 25% of serve in, although winning the majority of them when they land. But there was no calibration, no accuracy... and the serves were rushed. It was like a kid throwing bombs without any kind of control.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#2/ The return were so random you wonder what she's been working on.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#3/ and the ground strokes, just like the serves, were hit and miss, rushed and lack purpose.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#A 17-yo running around without a coach and thinking she already knows everything she needs to know? and can't wait to move out so she can do whatever she wants without parent supervision? That's pretty sad.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hope she finds the right balance once she finally turns 18 in March. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#There was so much talent here last year. But talent alone won't make you a star, girl. Got to stop the slide before it's too late.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Dec Sun 31, 2017 11:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Mon 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Surprise Barty went out in R1.

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:WTA Brisbane Draw and Results

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Jan Mon 01, 2018 1:53 pm

Konta played some pretty impressive tennis to beat Madison. She may win this tournament.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Mon 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Muguruza vs Krunic
One of the best matches of the week.
I was really surprised by Krunic's game. Haven't seen her play in a couple of years.
That backhand is sweet. I like this girl. Should have taken the first set to TB as well.
Very entertaining match. Too bad it had to end by injury. Sorry Garbine.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:26 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Ace2Ace</b>:</font>

Injury or a diva fit? It's being reported as 'cramps.'

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:34 am

She was cramping badly. Pretty sad situation.
I think she should dump her coach. They don't get along at all.
She told him earlier she was cramping.. and his response was basically to shut the f.uck up and play. I could see his stupid face when she went down, in pain, crying for help.
If I were her dad, this would be his last match with her.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:39 am

Muguruza's coach: "Don't tell me to shut the ***** up ever again"

Spanish tennis player Garbiñe Muguruza was given a row by her own coach during her tough win over Christina McHale at the Miami Open.

Garbiñe Muguruza had an emotional rollercoaster of a time in the third round at the Miami Open as she managed to save a match point before going on to win 0-6, 7-6 (8-6), 6-4 against Christina McHale. The Spaniard was on the point of tears on several occasions and was also given a severe ticking off from her coach Sam Sumyk.

Muguruza's coach reacts

The coach came down to the court, allowed under WTA rules, and told Muguruza: "Don't tell me to shut the ***** up ever again!" The player could only apologise for her previous outburst, repeating "I'm sorry, I'm sorry", to her coach.

Muguruza has had on court incidents with her coach previously. At Indian Wells last year, she broke down in tears and told Sumyk: "I don't want to play any more. Do you think I'm going to fight for this at 0-3 down in the second set?"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:42 am

I might be wrong though because I'm reading her calf almost popped out? That's not a cramp.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:49 am

it was a bad cramp.. Yes, for a good minute, the calf was like a bodybuilder's muscle. That must have been painful.
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Jan Tue 02, 2018 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.