All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Tue 03, 2017 2:50 pm

<font color=brown>@ <b>sekasi</b>:</font>
Halep:
Halep said she would approach Wednesday's match just like any other on the tour: "I don't have a special reaction. It's just another big challenge, nothing special. I played her many times, was close many times. Now it's a new day and we'll see. Maybe I can win. I really want to do it so tomorrow I will give everything.

"I should have served better to win that [US Open] match. I played pretty good, pretty well, and she played amazing. Physically I have to do better, serve better, move better and stay there - not think too much about the result, just the match.

"It's different that it's not the first round, it's always tough to play the first match of the tournament but here we are in the third round, so maybe it's going to be something different. But from my side I don't feel anything different. I'm just ready to play it and to give everything I have to win it. And we will see."

Sharapova:
Sharapova holds a perfect 7-0 record against Halep, her Flushing Meadows success also following a victory over the Romanian in Beijing in 2012.

"You can take a little bit away from all the matches we've played in the past," Sharapova, who beat Ekaterina Makarova earlier on Tuesday, said. "We know each other's games very well. They've always been very challenging, tough, competitive, emotional.

"That's why we play these tournaments, play these events. You have to get through them. Maybe these are not the type of matchups you expect earlier in a tournament, but this is what I have now. I love the challenge of playing against someone that's No.2 in the world. She's a great player. She's had a great year. Any time you're able to face an opponent that's done something right and well, it's great to see where you are and where your level is."
Last edited by Ace2Ace on Oct Tue 03, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Tue 03, 2017 5:46 pm

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qSKuHtpOmI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Tue 03, 2017 5:48 pm

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e-jv9yublGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Tue 03, 2017 5:49 pm

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-ML7BeJsfAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Tue 03, 2017 5:50 pm

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8vlUQZfucnM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ace2Ace » Oct Tue 03, 2017 5:53 pm

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W327IvL3lVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

93tennisroyalty
Senior
Senior

Re:Beijing 2017 Draw and Results

Post by 93tennisroyalty » Oct Tue 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Going with Sharapova. Bad match up for Halep. And Maria plays well on that court.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 04, 2017 1:17 am

Maria had two long 3-setters, whereas Halep moved into R3 without too much effort. Hard to pick a winner here...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 04, 2017 1:37 am

How do you recognise a top player? They break the serve when it matters...
Ostapenko broke Stosur in Set#1 at 5-4
Ostapenko broke Stosur in Set#2 at 6-5

Ostapenko wins 6-4 7-5.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Oct Wed 04, 2017 4:09 am

R16 about to start; this will make or break the event for me (though I have to admit that sometimes you can have great matches between lower-ranked players, or players that are less known: Cornet vs Sakkari in Wuhan was a great example of that)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#My ideal QF line-up (not necessarily a guarantee for great matches):#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Gavrilova vs Kvitova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Svitolina/Barty vs Garcia (though if Cornet plays like last week, she may replace Garcia)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Ostapenlko vs Pliskova#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Kasatkina vs Halep#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#