SERENA: It's Outrageous

All Tennis, All the Time
Post Reply New Topic
Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished
SERENA: It's Outrageous

Post by Grossefavourite » Aug Thu 17, 2017 3:41 pm

"I’m not walking anything back," Serena Williams said, "but I’m just saying it’s pretty intense." (AP)

Serena Williams has confirmed she is planning to come back on the tour at the Australian Open, but underlined that she is returning to win.

Williams has not played since winning this year's event Down Under, subsequently announcing that she is pregnant with her first child.

"It’s the most outrageous plan," she told Vogue. "That’s, like, three months after I give birth. I’m not walking anything back, but I’m just saying it’s pretty intense."

She also acknowledged that tying Margaret Court's record of 24 majors—she currently has one fewer—is a big goal. But Williams also added that in her mid-30s, she's aiming to show that she can get back on top with little delay.

"Especially since I’m not 20 years old," she said. "I’ll tell you this much—I won’t win less. Either I win, or I don’t play."

Williams, who discussed several topics in the wide-ranging interview, has shown herself hitting on court on social media during her pregnancy.

She will be eligible for a protected ranking upon her return to tour.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017/08/ ... pen/68592/

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Sep Fri 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Well. let the games begin!